Monday 2 October 2017

Woven Background with some of Lisa Horton's Dies

Hi Bloggers.

I spent most of yesterday trying to fix some of the problems with my new website. Not completely there yet but I think I have made some progress and I've added a couple of new features. The prices are now displayed including VAT (yay!). There's now a Wishlist feature, you can request an email if a product comes back in stock and you can now purchase Gift Vouchers - tell your family about that one! I am still working on re-instating international shipping and the navigation is still an outstanding fix - it all takes time which is still in short supply this month.

I thought I'd share this card today for Helen who is a regular attendee of my local workshops -

For the weave, I cut the Sue Wilson's Intermediate Weaving Die out of Tan Card twice and the Striped Weaving Die out of Deep Blue Card twice. I glued one of the Deep Blue die cuts on top of one of the Tan ones at the ends only, offsetting them to fill in the gaps. I wove a tan strip from the Intermediate through my base and then a pair of strips from my blue strips. I repeated this pattern all the way across.

I made a frame out of Tan Card using dies #2 and #4 from Sue's Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B. I added it to my woven background using Woodware 2mm Foam Tape. I matted onto Deep Blue and then Tan Card.

I cut the reindeers out of Chestnut, Deep Blue, Rich Red, Black and Milk Card using Lisa Horton's Reindeer Pals Die Set.

I cut the sleigh and parcels out of Deep Blue and Tan Card using Lisa's Sleigh Die Set.

I cut the sentiment out of Rich Red Card using Lisa's Season's Greetings Die Set.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 29th September is .................................
 
julsthomas

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

22 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, lovely card today. Gosh you have been busy with the website, yes I know still a few niggly bits to sort out but you have made great strides.

    Congrats to julsthomas

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Julia. Such a cute card this morning . Another wonderful weave card and Lisa dies work so well. Helen will treasure her card.
    Congratulations to Julsthomas......Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Cute card.Love the weave background.Congratulations julsthomas
    enjoy your card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    A lovely fun card.
    Congrats to the card winner.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, another superb card using the weaving dies, love the whacky expressions on the reindeer faces. Well done Julsthomas on winning the card. Hope you get everything sorted on the website Julia, sounds like you are making good progress. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Lovely card. Love your colours. Makes me want to get out my dies. Perhaps this afternoon when I have cleaned my windows, a job long overdue. May make me get them done quicker.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    A great card, love the weave feature.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card today Julia love it
    Thank you love June xxxx congrats to the card winner xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A very lovely card love the eyes , congrats to your winner , enjoy !
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. Very cute, I really like the weave. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations julsthomas.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julia

    Lovely card, thank you for the details on how to create the weave I shall be trying this version! Also thank you for picking my name for the card giveaway I have emailed my details across.
    Best wishes
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Julia. Congratulations to julsthomas on winning the freebie card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, Such inspiration. Love the way you have used the reindeer and sleigh must get my weaving dies out again they make such lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely fun card julia x fab weaving again and the dies are really cute x
    Congratulations julsthomas x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this card when you showed it on Hochanda. I can't wait to get my weaving dies. You have made me a fan.
    Congrats to julsthomas.
    Have a great Monday,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love the background and the dies are gorgeous. You are getting there with your website keep up the good work. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute I have to say that the colours look really dark on my (little) screen I would love to see this in the (flesh) Do you have to get help with web site? I wouldn't know where to start

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia Lovely card with woven background Yesterday I managed to watch one of your Hochanda shows showing the weaving dies so many fabulous variations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, A gorgeous woven background and the two cute reindeer, I love the look on their faces !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia

    Love the facial expressions on this cute card!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely weave and what cheery reindeer.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    So beautiful!Love the colors and the background.
    Thanks.

    Congrats to julsthomas!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!