Monday 16 October 2017

Pretty Blue & White woven Christmas Card

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by popping the Nordic Christmas Mask onto a piece of Sky Blue Card. I spread CS Phill Martin Platinum Sparkle Texture Paste through it. I removed the mask, cleaned it and put my background aside to dry (a couple of hours). I repeated the process on another piece of Sky Blue Card.

Once my backgrounds were dry, I cut the Sue Wilson's Classic Weaving Die from it. I cut Sue's Intermediate Weaving Die out of Coconut White Card twice. I wove single strips of the Intermediate Die Cut through the Sky Blue Classic One.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B and added it to my woven background using 2mm Foam Tape, trimming away the excess using scissors. I matted onto Sky Blue Card and then Coconut White Card.

I popped a piece of CE Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of Sky Blue Card. I cut the outer die from Sue's Snowman Snow Globe Scene. I trimmed a little from around the edges. I cut both of the dies out of Coconut White Card. I removed the backing sheet and put both die cuts together. I added Sparkle Star CS Diamond Frost to the exposed adhesive.

I cut some poinsettias out of my other background piece using Sue's Classic Poinsettia Die Set. I added CS Glue and CS Silver Chrome Glitterbitz to the centres.

I cut Sue's Holly Swirl out of Coconut White Card twice and both dies in the Berry Bough Set out of Sky Blue Card twice.


The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 13th October is ...............

Jan on the Fosse

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post next week.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a really lovely Christmas card, love the effect of the sparkle paste on the poinsettias. Well done Jan on winning the freebie Friday card. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, oh my goodness this card is stupendous, I love it, got all the elements I love, the weaving dies and Christmas combined, fantastic.

    Congratulations to Jan

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia.. A WOW card this morning. We all love seeing your weaving cards. I think if Sue designs another it should be named after you. Congratulations to Jan.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Julia, the little snowman is so cute. The weaving dies are so effective.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, really like the colours.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Julia.
    Congratulations to Jan
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A gorgeous card, I love the weaving dies.
    Congrats to Jan.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    Wow I have won my lucky day.Another favourite weaving card today.I would never think to make blue poinsettias but they look stunning.
    Thank you Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Another gorgeous weaved card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. Enjoy your week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love this card Julia it’s perfect 👌 thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Julia x would not have thought to use the weaving dies for christmas x its beautiful x
    Congratulations Jan x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. Lovely dies and great colour. I really like the snowman and florals.

    Congratulations Jan on the Fosse.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Julia, well done to Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful card. Really shows how effective the weaving dies can be for any sort of card. I love the way the stenciled glitter paste looks. The poinsettias are gorgeous.
    Congrats to Jan.
    Have a great Monday,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    Love this card.
    Congratulations Jan on the Fosse.

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card and thinking of getting some woven dies as after seeing some of your tutorials I might give it a go. Which one to start with tho ?
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this.Maybe I'll ask Santa for a weaving die.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I do love this one...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH WOW this is stunning, absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you have used a die from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad you have used a die from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad you have used a die from last year.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!