Thursday 26 October 2017

Happy Day with Cake!

Hi Bloggers.

Hope you enjoyed the One Day Special Shows. I'm spending today getting my website orders sorted and packing the kits for my workshop with Leonie on Saturday.

Here's today's card -

I started by just cutting die #1 from Sue Wilson's Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set into a piece of Lilac Card. I cut Sue's Alphabet Grid Die out of Coconut White Card twice. I used one of the waste (well it's not really waste!) pieces to add to my background.

I made a frame using dies #2 and #4 from Sue's Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set out of Coconut White Card. I added it to my background using Woodware Foam Tape, trimming away the excess using scissors. I made another frame out of Lilac Card using dies #3 and #4 from the Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set and added it to my white frame using CS Glue. I matted onto 2 layers of Coconut White Card.
I added my letters for my sentiment cut using the Alphabet Grid Die - I have quite a collection of letters now!
I cut the elements from Sue's Make a Cake Die Set out of Coconut White, Lilac and Silver Shine Pearl Card. I added Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Markers to the flames on the candles.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

21 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, the shows were as always fabulous and full of inspiration. I love the alphabet grid die, so useful, and this card just shows how good it is. Love the colours. Hope today is not too busy and you do find time to relax. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Great shows.You really do inspire me.I have ordered the alphabet grid die,I think it will get plenty of use.Can I say thank you for the card I won it is simply stunning.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Julia. I really enjoyed your shows and all the fab ideas for backgrounds.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Julia.. Stunning card this morning . I really enjoyed watching your shows. I always learn something new and love watching the back grounds you create. Hope you have loads of fun on Saturday.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, beautiful card today and the alphabet letters go so well on here, love the peg board, so pleased I purchased that one.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia. Really lovely card this morning. Such a treat for any birthday girl to receive a card like this on her special day
    Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card.
    I was watching my recording of your 8pm show and loved the background you made. Also your explanation of how to extend the weaving background was brilliant, so simple when you know how.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, I did mange to catch one show so will be watching the others on rewind.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia this is a stunning card. I love the dies you have used. Your shows were brilliant. I hope you get everything you want to do today done. It sounds like you will be very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, Loved the shows, it's so nice to have things explained properly and time for you to do it. Recorded all the shows, can't wait for my dies to come, they make super cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card Julia. Off to watch the last show from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A brilliant card to have ready in your stash
    It can also be personalised which is a lovely bonus

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Julia, thanks for the tips on your shows .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,

    I really love this card; love the design, the colors and the background you made. Love it!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great dies, that I think will have to be added to my shopping list. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Julia,
    Loved this card and the color is beautiful.
    Thanks again for all the tips from the show especially the extender trick. I am addicted to weaving backgrounds, have even ordered the stripe die.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Stephanie K
    SC/ USA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your shows have been awsum Julia enjoyed the demos and all the info you pass on to us
    Thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia Lovely card I watched you demo the alphabet grid on your shows its really useful so easy to make different names etc
    I loved your shows as usual you gave us plenty of tips and inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!