Friday 9 November 2012

It's time to Bloom

Hi Bloggers.

Thanks for all the comments yesterday. No rest for me though. I've just been given the Toolshed show on Sunday 18th November so yesterday I started prepping that. I also had a lot of orders to catch up on from my Amazon Store and I had to go food shopping.


Here's today's card.

For the background, I spritzed some Milk Card with Cosmic Shimmer Tarnished Gold Vintage Mister. I dried it with my heat tool and then randomly stamped a flower from the Creative Expressions Whimsical Floral Stamp Set using Peach Bellini Adirondack Dye Ink and a swirl from the same stamp set using Caramel Adirondack Dye Ink. I made sure that the ink was dry and then popped it inside the Couture Creations Lovingly Baroque Embossing Folder and through the Grand Calibur. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern and then inked around the edges with Caramel ink.

I cut the smallest of the Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals One out of Milk Card. At the embossing stage I added the Small Polka Dots Mask. I inked through the die with Caramel ink. I cut the dressmaker's dummy from the Spellbinders French Frills die set out of Foundations Double-sided Paper - once on one side of the paper and once on the other side of the paper. I inked through the die on both of them with Caramel ink. The idea was to use a different outer to the inner of the dummy - you get a spare set for another card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Whimsical Floral Stamp Set using Caramel ink and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 28 and inked through the die with Caramel.

I made 3 flowers using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom 4 - one I spritzed with Tarnished Gold before cutting and then inked with Peach Bellini before rolling up, another I inked through the die with Caramel ink before rolling and the last one I made from Foundations paper. I cut some leaves from the Foundations paper using the Spellbinders Botanical Swirls & Accents die set and the French Frills die set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Olympic Gold around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

27 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julia, I love everything about this card. My favourite embellishment is flowers, these are beautiful. I don`t have any Decorative Grand Dies I think this has to my Christmas Wish.
    Thank you for the inspiration

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Julia,
    Watched you demo this card, really lovely, liking the Adirondack ink colours, again the background is lovely, you are so good with them.
    Off to the NEC show today, it is a pity, Creative Expressions do not attend these shows, as then all my favourite products would be in one place, hee hee.
    Try and put your feet up.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, love this card, the flowers are stunning, and the colours work so well together. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Sounds like a busy day for you yesterday. Hope you can have a rest today.

    Love the card. You do such amazing backgrounds.

    Good news about the 18th.

    Bye for now
    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card love the tailor's dummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, Beautiful card today, I love all the colours you have used, and the die-cuts are fantastic, love how you have used different colours on the dressform, the background, as always, is absolutely beautiful, but the 'piece de resistance', is the flowers and foliage, absolutely stunning. Great news about the show on the 18th for us, hard work for you though ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx
    PS Recovering from trip to NEC Craft Show yesterday ha ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    You sound very busy don't do too much leading up to Chrimbo will you? I like this card very autumnal colours. Congrats on getting 500 followers!! Good luck to whoever wins!
    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia.....I love this card, I saw the demo, and ordered these dies and some cosmic shimmer glue cant wait for them to arrive...Sadly I will be working on the 18th..Dont work too hard.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Julia, hope to be able to watch you on 18th.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia lovely card love the dressform die xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia,
    I hope you find some time to relax this weekend, you are one very creative and busy lady. I thank you for all that you do to help my crafting. This card is lovely and I would like to try the spritz and inking it does give a wonderful effect. Take care of yourself.

    Best

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Pretty card today colours are lovely. It makes a change to see the different colour inks you are using.
    Good to see you are on the tool shed on the 18th.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,

    Lovely card . Will look forward to your show. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, a very pretty card love the colours you have used
    saw you demo. it on c&c and made the background very easy to do
    just love all the inspiraion you Sue give us. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. julia what a lovely card the flower stamp is great in that colour love it
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, lovely card again, love the warm colours and flowers are stunning. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, What a pretty card with warm subtle colouring. Really nice. You are certainly going to be busy this next week so I hope you have time for a little rest sometime this weekend. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really pretty card today Julia, love the colours

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi julia another lovely card! I love your backgrounds and I'm sure with more practice mine will look better! Looking forward to the tool shed and I hope you manage to have a bit of rest this weekend!! Lol love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,

    Another lovely card with a warm feel to it.
    Looking forward to seeing you on the next tool shed show.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia, Another beautiful card, you are the queen of backgrounds, this one is stunning and the flowers are gorgeous. Love the warm colours, The form dies are on my wishlist and will have to get more Adirondack ink, todays colours are special.
    Will be watching pn the 18th, try to have a rest over the weekend.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is an absolutely gorgeous card. I have never herd of Milk card though so please can you tell me what it is?x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, I loved this card when I saw it on C&C, the background you created is fabulous, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card just love the colours .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore this card, I saw it on C and C. Your shows were fabulous, I emailed in lots but didn't win boo hoo! I love it that we can see them all again on your blog, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this card and another fab background! I am delighted to hear your on C&C Sunday 18th. Something to look forward to!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!