Tuesday 6 November 2012

You are one of Life's Treasures

Hi Bloggers.

Tonight I'll be launching the Spellbinders Pick of the Day on Ideal World at 9pm. This is one of the demos I have prepped for the shows but as yet I still haven't decided which demo to start with! I have Dennice for both shows this evening. I haven't worked with her before so it will be interesting to see how the shows go.
For the background, I ran some Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders A4 Garden Lattice M-Bossabilities Folder. I inked around the edges with Shell Pink Adirondack Dye Ink Pad using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut 2 corners out of grey card using the Spellbinders Botanical Swirls & Accents die set.

I cut 2 base corners out of grey card using the Spellbinders Cut, Fold & Tuck Octagon Strips & Accents die set. I then cut 2 of the corner Cut, Fold & Tucks from the same die set out of pink card. I folded and tucked the pink die cuts and then glued them in place over the grey bases. I cut 2 of the circular motifs from the same die set out of white card and inked through the die with the Shell Pink Ink. I folded and tucked them and added a 3mm White Pearl in the centre of each.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Whimsical Floral Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 28 and inked through the die with Shell Pink. I also cut the next size up of Labels 28 and again inked through the die with Shell Pink. I cut 2 x Scalloped Labels One out of pink card and at the emboss stage I added the Small Polka Dots Mask.


I assembled the card as shown adding some Self Adhesive Pearl Swirls, some 5mm White Pearls to the Octagon corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Vintage Pink around the edges.

Hope you can join me for some of the shows (full list in the left-hand sidebar).

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

29 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia,
    I look forward to your show today and now I want the new cut fold and tuck dies as they do make an amazing corner. I love your style... See you on the television. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. Really pretty card. Love the colours and the corners are really good. Looking forward to seeing you with Dennice tonight.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Julia. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Julia,

    This is my kinda card, very feminine and super colours. Also usingone of my favourite dies.
    Looking forward to the shows.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, Beautiful card, loving the pink and grey colour theme, the colours go perfectly together. I love the cut-fold-tuck corner dies.
    Looking forward to your shows tonight and tomorrow, good luck, Julia.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, this card is so pretty, love the pink and grey. Looking forward to the shows and loads of Julia inspiration. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia,
    Love the colour choice, very pretty card. Will be watching you tonight, as I love to see the demo cards, hope you have a great show.
    Have a good day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Have great shows - a bit of an exhausting schedule if you ask me! Denice always seems lovely but nobody can beat Nigel for me I LOVE him his one liners are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm! Lovely Julia

    I have the programmes set to record good luck!

    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty card love the pink and grey together. Looking forward to seeing what else you have for us tonight and tomorrow.
    Hope all goes well.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi julia looking forward to your shows tonight I'm not too sure about the card though,think it might be the cut tuckand fold corners,I'm not sure I like them! I love the botanical corners they're very nice. Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello julia,a very nice card,will be whatching tonight. hope all gose well for you,as hard work will have gone into your samples. it takes me awile just to do one card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card today Julia, I expect my list of wants will be ever longer after tonights show, but you never know what Santa might bring

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty card. Love the dies. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia

    Love the card you have made those botanical corners are beautiful bet they sell out quick

    Looking forward to the shows tonight, have the recorder set, Dennise is good fun so you should have a giggle

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning Julia, A very pretty card, the colours are gorgeous and the dies so intricate. Will be watching the shows, good luck and enjoy.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, lovely card, love the pink and grey works well together, look forward to the shows and best of luck for them. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, a great card agree with everyone these colours go
    marvelous together, looking forward to seeing you tonight.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,

    I really like these corners from the Botanical set but haven't decided about these new cut and fold dies. I saw them originally on the Spellbinders blog hop a while ago but I must say that they look very effective on your card. Best wishes for tonight, Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card,love the design and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card love the colours and so much detail.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  22. cant wait for tonight fab card :0)
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh, I like this - I'll have to tune in, thanks for the heads up

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely card Julia - I have the cut and fold die and you have given me anoher idea - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooh I love this one particularly the pink and grey colour scheme and those corners look fabulous! I am so looking forward to the shows! Your demo's are always brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card will try and watch but will not be ordering as C& C have lost my last 2 orders from yours and sue show now have to wait for my money back and they are out of stock ,really upset

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the card! wasnt supposed to be spending this close to christmas but how can i resist - loved all your shows on c&c x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, love the card and a fabulous demo. Loving all your shows on C&C.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia....lovely card..Pink and grey a lovely combo...Thanks for your inspiration and for sharing your beautiful creations..

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!