Wednesday 21 November 2012

Life's Most Treasured Moments

Hi Bloggers.

Here's one of the cards from Sunday's show. By the way - for those of you who want me to show the dark blue card on here, the only one I can think it might be is the one in this post. If it isn't, try and describe to me what it looked like and I'll try to find it.

For the background, I ran some Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Elegance M-Bossabilities Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern and then inked around the edges with Terra Cotta Adirondack Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I wrapped some Red Sheer Wrinkled Edge Ribbon around the background as shown.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Dreamy Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the second largest of the Romantic Rectangles dies. At the emboss stage I added the Small Polka Dots Mask. Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder doesn't crack when you do this. I inked through the die with Terra Cotta.

I cut the largest of the Romantic Rectangles out of red card. At the emboss stage I added the Elegance Border Mask down the centre.

I made 2 flowers using Spiral Blossom Three - one out of red card and one out of white card. On the white one I inked through the die and on the back of the card with Terra Cotta. I cut some leaves out using Bitty Blossoms - one set out of red card and the other out of white (inking through the die with Terra Cotta).



I tied a bow using 2 lengths of the red ribbon and added a Medium Circle Dazzler in the centre.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Berry Red around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.




32 comments:

  1. Julia,
    You do the most interesting and amazing color combinations. I love this card wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, this card certainly has the wow factor, love the colours, and the flowers are beautiful. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunner just love the colours .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia....A stunner.... Love the colour you have used...Really like the sentiment.....

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, what is it lately that I love the cards you are posting. I made a card similar to Hugs an Kisses yesterday, have the peachy coloured one prepared for putting together today and now this one is screaming at me. Stunning and for once I have all the dies you have used. Received my copy of the project book and your project is gorgeous, another one to try.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Red - how dynamic. Love it.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia,
    Absolutey Stunning, Love everything about this card. You are really coming up trumps with thedesigns and colour schemes. All these cards are worthy of the Project Book, love the one that is in it this time, more next issue.
    Can we get any of the coloured card from your shop??????
    Have a great day today.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Julia very Christmasy with the red xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, WOW, what a beautifully sumptuous card, I would never have thought to put terracotta with red, but it works. The red gives the card a truly sumptuous feel, the ribbon is gorgeous and the flowers are truly stunning. Really love this card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card,colours are amazing.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Julia

    Would make a lovely christmas card with a different sentiment

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

  12. Morning Julia,

    A simply stunning card. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Stunning car love it. Like Sue said would make a lovely Christmas card.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the idea of mixing terracotta with red.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really stunning card Julia, colors, dies and verse all brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card julia you bring us some stunning cards i love your colour choice for todays card. I must say julia your service is wonderful i ordered my project book on monday and I got it yesterday could believe it when it arrieved the next day. I love your project thats in the book i will be having ago at it in lots of colour's.

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, lovely card, fab colour. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia
    A stunner. Love the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely,love the red colour and the layout.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely Julia

    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, another one to have a go at as I have the Romantic rectangles and I have noted from your show about inking the back when cutting out flowers so thank you for that. regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too sure what I am doing wrong but keep getting the delete after my comment!
      Margaret

      Delete
    2. If I am understanding right it is so you the person who posted can delete the message that's all!

      Crafty Hugs
      Heather xx

      Delete
  23. Hi Julia
    What a stunning card absolutely beautiful and great instructions too thank you so much.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia, This is a stunner, beautiful, the colour is so rich and the flowers are gorgeous. Agree with Michelle the past weeks cards arre worthy of a project book entry.
    Received my project book yesterday, so well produced and no adverts, the projects are breathtaking and well laid out, well done to the designers.
    Have a great day everyoen.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi julia another lovely card,I really like the romantic rectangle die and use it quite a lot.yours and sues bows always look so good!! Mine look nothing like that!!lol hope to see you on our screens soon love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card as always Julia. x Janice

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, a very striking card the colours are great and just love these flowers. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this card - red is one of my favourite colours!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love everything about this card and just for a change I have everything needed to make one! X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!