Sunday 11 November 2012

Life is not Measured

Hi Bloggers.

I've used the layout on this card many times with various dies. It's one of Sue's layouts. I love the sentiment on this one. I'm sure I've heard it in a movie but can't think which one.

The background is made by running some Kraftcore card through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders A4 M-Bossabilities Garden Lattice Folder. I sanded it to reveal the core. I cut a panel of Milk card and randomly stamped one of the swirls from the Creative Expressions Mini Swirl Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I inked around the edges of the panel with Caramel Adirondack Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut 2 Octagon Cut, Fold & Tuck borders out of black card using the Octagon Strips and Accents die set. I folded and tucked them and then glued them to a narrow panel of Milk Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Fanciful Phrases Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Creative Expressions Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Labels 28 and inked through the die with Caramel Ink. I cut the next size up and inked through the die on that one too. I cut 2 x Scalloped Labels One out of black card. At the emboss stage I added the Delicate Mask.

I assembled the 3 background sections on to some black card and then wrapped some black silky crush ribbon around it. I made a large bow using 2 lengths of the same ribbon. I cut a small motif out of Kraftcore using the Botanical Swirls & Accents die set. I sanded it to reveal the core, popped it on top of my bow and then added a Black Dazzler. I also added a couple of Black Pearl Decorative Stick Pins.

I assembled the rest of the card as shown adding some 5mm Black Pearls in the top right hand corner and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

30 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, simply beautiful, I just adore this layout and that sentiment is so touching. Lovely card.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, it has taken me ages to work out how to leave a comment! Love your card and I did love seeing your shows last week. My kind of crafting xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, what a beatiful card going to find the creative expressions mini swirl stamp on internet so i can do one myself thankyou Tracy w

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the set in my Amazon Store - click on the link within the post. Julia

      Delete
  4. WOW love this card, so classy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia

    I had to laugh I thought I was n Sue's blog until I read what you had put her work is so distinct. A beautiful and elegant card much as I don't like too much black. The sentiment is so true and yes it was used in a film but can't remember which. It has been attributed to Hilary Cooper as she travelled the coast of California! But in reality the author is probably unknown.

    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia,
    Yes, I too thought I was in Sue's blog for a moment, a very rich looking card today, love the layout and the colours. This is my favourite sentiment of all, so true. A lovely card.
    Have a great day today.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, A stunning card, I love the rich colours used, I love the stamping strip down the side, the cut-fold-tuck die-cut really stands out beautifully, the bow is gorgeous, and the sentiment is truly word perfect. Absolutely love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. Absolutely beautiful and very Sue like.

    Happy Rememberence Sunday.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,

    Such a striking card. Love the depth of colour and the design too. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, this card is very lovely, colours and layout are an inspiration to try something different. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful colours and the design is great. The sentiment is very apt too.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia

    Loving todays card, everything about it is gorgeous

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, really wow factor card today, love the rich colours. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Julia
    What a beautiful card and the colours just match for such a special day, today Rememberance Day. I love the sentiment on the front and so true.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice julia,great colour combo.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Julia and I always love to see this sentiment,Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Julia loved the mini stamped swirls and that sentiment is gorgeous i have heard it before somewhere xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely card julia as always, you give me loads of inspirition, cant wait for my garden lattice m-bossability board coming

    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julia,
    I love this card and received my dies on Friday can't wait to try those cut fold and tuck dies out. Fantastic inspiration. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi julia wow what a lovely card,the layout is great and I think red and black always looks classy.looking forward to tool shed next week love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia, Very classy card, the rich colours are fab and love the sentiment and mimi swirls. Looking forwars to the tool shed next Sunday.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia.....A very beautiful card....I love everything about it.The sentiment is one of my favorites....

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, a great card again a little too dark for my taste though
    I will try it in different colours but like the layout.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi julia i too love this layouti use it quite alot az you can make some stunning cards. I like the colours that you have used. Cant wait till i get my dies to come.

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,
    What a beautiful sentiment. Great job again with todays card.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the tuck and fold octagon shapes on this card. I didn't buy the sets of dies this time so will have to buy them separately. I too (like one of your other ladies who commented) had already got two of the dies in the offer from another POTD recently and was a bit cross with CC that they didn't take this into consideration when compiling a new POTD. Still - they managed to sell out early just the same and we all missed out on the rest of the scheduled programmes. Hey ho! X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bore Da Julia, Love this card.Cannot wait for the dies to arrive so that I can start making these type of cards

    ReplyDelete
  28. Like this one a lot Julia, it's so elegant! Love the colour scheme. Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!