Wednesday 28 November 2012

The Beauty of Life

Hi Bloggers.

The times for my shows on Friday have changed to 1pm and 7pm which means that I don't have to get up so early - happy about that! Also, I appear to be with Nigel at 1pm and Loen at 7pm so both shows should be a lot of fun.

This card from the Pick of the Day is a little OTT as the flower on it is HUGE! Bit of fun anyway.

For the background, I randomly stamped a large flower from the Creative Expressions Whimsical Floral Stamp Set on to some Foundations Shades Paper using Peach Bellini Adirondack Dye Ink. I made sure it was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Garden Lattice M-Bossabilities Folder.

 

I cut the second largest of the Grand Decorative Ovals One out of pale peach card and the next smallest die out of Foundations Argyle Paper. I cut a Marvelous Square out of a darker peach card. I stamped the sentiment from the Whimsical Floral Stamp Set onto the pale peach card using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a couple of Exquisite Circles dies.This pair benefit from using the Wax Paper when cutting.


I made the flower using the the backing die from the Triumphant Blossom CFT die set. I cut 6 out of Foundations Shades Paper. I spritzed each one with water then scrunched them up. I opened them out and stacked them on top of one another alternating light and dark paper and rotating slightly. I pierced the centre and added a brad. Then, starting with the top piece I scrunched each one in to the centre. Once I had done this with all of them, I pulled them apart very slightly. Once dry they will set quite ridged. I cut some leaves out of the shades paper using the French Frills and Botanical Swirls & Accents die sets. I also added some Pearl Swirls coming out from beneath the flower.


I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm and 5mm white Self Adhesive Pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

28 comments:

  1. Pretty card Julia, and I'll look out for you on Friday. I wish I could justify the cost of some of the Grand die sets, but so far, I have resisted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, lovely card, and it seems to be, that this is becoming one of my favourite colour combos. Love the huge flower. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, both you and Sue have chosen Marvellous Squares on your cards today and they are wonderful. These dies are very versatile, also the Grand Ovals are beautiful will have to add them to my wish list. Adore your card and your lovely flower even though it does stand out a bit.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Very peachy today. Love it. Looking forward to Friday.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia...Lovely card today..I love the peach bellini ink, I must invest in some....The flower is gorgeous.....

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, A beautiful card, love the colours, love the die-cuts used and love the OTT flower. I really like the peach bellini ink.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    Love the card but don't like the colours together peach and pink don't seem right together to me maybe it is the photography and it looks better in real life! Sorry!

    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no pink on this card - all shades of peach.

      Delete
    2. Thought it was strange Julia just the way it is coming up on the screen! :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely card Julia, so glad the show times have changed i can not watch it live instead of recording it xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning sue what a beautiful card i love the colours that you have used. I love using these dies and now youve given me some more ideas how to use them.
    Take Care Julia.

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Bit OTT for me but I do appreciate the work that you have put into it.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia - lovely card especially the colours and those marvellous squares are stunning dies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, a lovely card today but stll not sure about
    the Peach Bellini but everyone else seems to love it so maybe
    it's just me but I love your inspiration as I can picture them
    in different colour ways also love these grand ovals use them
    a lot. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Julia

    A lovely card , i love the lay out , the shimmer and pearls set it off beautifully and i think your flower is an eye catcher , Love it .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete

  14. Hi Julia,
    Love the design and the flower is gorgeous , although the colour is not what I'd choose. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, reading the comments it seems we're all a mix of opinions! I love the colour and im using alot more peach now due to you - so thank you. I love the layout use of diff dies and the flowers is fab. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning Julia, Love today's card, the Marvellous Square dies are so versatile. The flower is gorgeous and the colour scrummy, my Peach Bellini arrived yesterday, will be using it when my Christmas cards are done. Love the sentiment.
    Take csre.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi julia I love everything about this card especially the colours! I might have to get the grand dies after xmas as they seem so versatile looking forward to your shows on friday love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely card Julia - love the flower and good luck with the shows
    lilygee xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nothing wrong with a huge flower! I love the colours of this card too. Looking forward to your shows - just hope let let you do more demos this time......X

    ReplyDelete
  20. great card ,but not mad about the colour .Flower is fine for me.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, I love this card!! love the colour and layout..:)..Have a great day..xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, What a super card I love it and of course great instructions as usual thank you.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really pretty Julia. Looking forward to Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good Afternoon Julia,
    Lovely card, love the colour and the dies used. LOVE the whopping flower, its brill.
    Will be watching on Friday, so sorry to say, the last CE show had no personality, turned the channel over, there is no-one like you and Sue to deliver the goods.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Evening Julia, gorgeous card...love the dies and the colours and your flower is fab! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!