Sunday 25 November 2012

Hello

Hi Bloggers.

For those of you who have asked, I am next on C&C on Friday (30th) - I always put dates and times in the left-hand sidebar of this blog.

Some of the coloured card I use is left over from when I had a shop and the rest is usually from Creative Expressions. I won't be stocking card in my Amazon Store any more as the postage cost is too high as it's such a heavy item.

Here's today's card - a simple one from the Pick of the Day. Here, the embossing folder does most of the work.

For the background, I popped some Coconut White Card inside the Couture Creations Timeless Embossing Folder and ran it through the Grand Calibur. I inked around the edges with Purple Twilight Adirondack Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I wrapped some Blue White American Seam Binding around the centre. I popped some more Coconut White Card over the centre panel in the folder and ran it through again. I cut around the panel with scissors and then edged with Purple Twilight.

I cut just a backing panel out of Foundations Shades Paper using the Spellbinders CFT Triumphant Blossom die set. I then inked through the Small Polka Dots Mask onto some more Shades Paper and then cut out the main Triumphant Blossom CFT. I folded and tucked and added some 3mm White Pearls.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Trees of Imagination Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 28 and inked through the die with Purple Twilight.

I tied a messy bow using 2 lengths of the American Seam Biding and added a Frosted Violet Dazzler to the centre.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Pearl Swirls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Dee Paramour is doing her first shows on Create & Craft for Creative Expressions today. Dee is a very talented lady so I hope you will find the time to watch or record her shows - she's on at 2pm and 7pm. Here's a link to her blog. I have some of the products she's using (including some of the stamps) in my Amazon Store.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

28 comments:

  1. Good Sunday Morning Julia,
    Another stunning creation. I love the split background and your beautiful layout.
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia

    Another lovely creation, I really love that embossing folder, another for my wish list

    Love the colours you have used today

    Thanks for the update on Dee, I haven't been watching much C&C lately so might have missed it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia another stunning card my favour colour is lilac and purple's can not wait for the next lot thankyou Tracy W x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love this one,the colours are fantastic,I have that ink pad but not used it like that only stamped with it but will give it a go.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty indeed Julia I love it!

    Happy crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia,
    Such a pretty card today, really loving the inks alately, Purple twilight, love it.
    Have a great day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. Love the card today - very appealing.

    Will be watching Dee later and of course looking forward to seeing you on 30th.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia....Another very pretty card...My favorite colours..Love the layout....

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, another beautiful card...stunning and I love the colours...ooh I'm actually not in work on Friday, so ail look forward to your shows, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Sue,
    What a pretty feminine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card love the way you have used the dies and the embossing for the background. Great colours too, will be watching Dee later.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, a pretty girly card, will try catch Dee's shows today, looking forward to yours on Friday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning julia another beautifull card i love these die i have just ordered mine cant wait for them to arrieve. I love the colours that you have used. Ive got the sky box to record dee's shows and i wish her well.

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, WOW, I love the Timeless embossing folder, I didn't realise it was split into different sections, it is beautiful, that's definitely going on my Christmas Wish List to Santa. I love the purple colours, and the cut-fold-tuck die is gorgeous. Love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Julia. The embossing folder is gorgeous..I've just got a grand calibur, but have to wait before I can play!!! Also my lovely book has arrived.Thank you for your usual prompt service. Much appreciated....S x Oh and the book is FAB!! Can't wait for the next one..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, Fantastic card today I love the colour, what a fab name purple twilight. Hope your not under water today!! Emma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia beautiful card today love the colour

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful card Julia. I've just sent my wish list to my Mum-in-law from your shop , I WISH I could have them all haha :) .
    The dusty concorde and matching cosmic lavendar pva and a few masks are there so fingers crossed. I did look for the adirondack but they're not there yet so I'll wait patiently. Looking forward to Creative Expressions later ,
    Love Julie (Llanelli) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Julia, What a stunning card, beautiful, very feminine. Love the colour, bought some inks from your show last Sunday, think I need Purple Twilight now, it's fab.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi julia what a lovely card this is and the purple twilight is a fab colour,I don't have any of the adirondacks so I might just pick and choose a couple of them!! Looking forward to fridays show,unfortunately I won't be able to watch dees show as it clashes with my first love,liverpool fc playing on the telly!!! Maybe watch it on laptop later or if its repeated I should be able to watch her second show. Though. Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the purple twilight colour too - very pretty card. X

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful card Julia ,love the colours.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    There is only so many ways to say beautiful, fantastic! Sorry to keep repeating myself.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty card in lovely soft feminine colour. Great card suitable for so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Julia, i watched dee today too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!