Friday 23 November 2012

Diamond Borders

Hi Bloggers.

Back to a Pick of the Day Card today.

For the background, I ran some Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Ornate Diamonds Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern and then edged with Aqua Adirondack Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut 2 borders out of blue card using the Spellbinders Diamond Strips & Accents CFT die set. I inked through the die with the Aqua ink. I folded and tucked them and added some 5mm and 8mm White Pearls.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Lacy Medallions Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out with scissors and edged it with a black marker pen so no white edges showed. I then swiped some Aqua ink on to a tile, added a little water to my paint brush and then painted in some of the areas of the medallion.

I cut a Labels 28 out of white card and inked through the die with Aqua. I cut a larger Labels 28 out of blue card and again inked through the die with Aqua.

I tied a messy bow using 3 lengths of Sky Blue American Seam Binding and added a Frosted Blue Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding some more 8mm White pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Summer Blue around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.



19 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, what a lovely card, that stamp is beautiful and makes a stunning focal point. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia....Beautiful card...Like Bridget I love the stamp..

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning julia ehat a stunning card i saw this when youbwere on c&c and it loved stunning but now seeing it up close it even better. The colours are brillient. You give us so much inspirstion so keep yhem coming i love your project thats in the project book and i sill be having ago at it.

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, A truly beautiful card, loving the colours, the centrepiece is absolutely gorgeous, and I really love the cut-fold-tuck die-cuts.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. This is wonderful. Sues and your card both made in my favourite colour today. Love everything about this.

    Keep safe everyone in the terrible weather hitting Britain at the moment.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia lovely card. This could easily be changed with a verse or poem in the centre instead xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, great card as Val said the colours are simmilar
    to Sue's but love them both cards are brilliant.Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia, A beautiful card, the stamp is atunning, love the CFT dies.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    A nice card but it does not sing to me, having said that I would not turn my nose up if I received it in the post. Love the colours.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, fabulous card, i do love these cut and fold borders as they look alot like the old lasse. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi julia lovely card,the colours are cool and the cft dies Look good going down the sides,this is prob the set I would buy as this card would be ideal for a man if done in different colours. Love the project book it is stunning and amazing value for money!! Already done one of the xmas cards and doing another one today.love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    Oh what a stunning card it is so beautiful. What an excellent Project book and such good value the printing etc is really good quality too. To anyone who does not have it I would say what are you waiting for you don't know what you are missing!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab card Julia ,did it again.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia,
    I love the colors in this card... Fantastic design as well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. another lovely card the pearls set it off xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Julia. Very different.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    A beautiful card today, as always!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty Julia I like this card a lot.
    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!