Sunday 4 November 2012

Pick of the Day Sneak Peak

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing a card I've made for the Pick of the Day starting 9pm on Tuesday on Ideal World. It's not a demo card as it took me ages to make all the flowers. I found once I had started I just kept on adding more. This is definitely OTT on embellishments but once in a while it's fun to do.

The background is made using the Spellbinders A4 M-bossability Folder Garden Trellis and some Milk Card from the Neutral Card Pack. I'm loving the A4 folders - no fiddling about to get the pattern lined up. I edged the piece with Caramel Adirondack Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut the third size up of the Grand Decorative Ovals One out of Milk card and inked through the dye with Caramel. I then cut the second size out of tan card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Thoughtful Sentiments Stamp Set onto Milk card using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Scalloped Labels One and inked through the die with Caramel. I cut the largest 2 dies of the Spellbinders Exquisite Circles nested inside each other out of tan card and added a 3mm white pearl to each point.

I cut some leaves out of tan card using the Botanical Swirls & Accents die set and the French Frills die set. I made ribbon roses out of Brown/Ivory Grosgrain (cut in half lengthways), Champagne Wrinkle Edge Ribbon (again cut in half lengthways) and Chalk White American Seam Binding.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Pearl Swirls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl around the edges. I also added some 5mm and 3mm pearls in white to a couple of the corners.

I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peak.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

29 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, great card as always..:)..I love the OTT look!!..Have a great day..Carole..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine. Less is more does not apply here.
    OTT yes, gorgeous yes, love it.
    Look forward to Tuesday.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card indeed Julia although the colour ways are not for me I can see it in other colours as well being good but lovely never the less.

    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,
    Fantastic card love the way you have layered the dies and I also like the colours. It maybe OTT but I love it.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. This iss really beautiful and I'm not surprised it took a long time to make. Lovely, lovely colours and I really like so many flowers.

    Didn't realise you were on C+C nest week. Something nice to look forward to.

    Hope you're enjoying your time with your daughter.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia,
    Love all the layers and all the flowers, a really lovely card.
    OTT no way, another sneaky peak tomorrow would be great, hee hee. Have a great day today.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Julia. Looking forward to your shows next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia

    What a beautiful card I love everything about it, now I need the grand Decorative Oval dies and the exquisite circle dies...plus there will probably be loads more on the show next week that I will need. oooh think I will buy my own christmas pressies this year lol

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it very much, you are a talented lady,cant wait for the p.o.t.d.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card ulia - the vintage look is great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, this card is gorgeous, love the colours, dies used and the flowers. Can't wait for Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, this card is really beautiful, and the colours are stunning. Wish I had your patience to make so many flowers. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Julia loving all the flowers and the colours are great. Hope you had a nice time with Katherine xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, hope your enjoying your weekend with Kathryn. Lovely card today altho a bit OTT for me, however i do love the layout and colours, look forward to the shows. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this gorgeous card,what a great design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunner I`m so please I have most of these dies so hopefully It won`t cost me anything on tuesday ??? we will see

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julia,
    This is a beautiful card. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is luscious! I love its 'over the topness!'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Julia, What a beautiful card, the layering is so effective and the flowers are gorgeous. Love the rich colours.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend with Kathryn.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, What a lot of work has gone into this card, though the end result is worth it even if for me it is a bit too much. It's so wet and miserable here it is a good day to play!
    Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi julia wow this is a great card and yes a bit over the top and prob took a long time to make,but Its worth it as the card is stunning!! Looking forward to the potd showsbon tuesday.love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia.
    What a beautiful card. This is a gift as well . Brilliant colour combination. X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, my first post didn't go for some reason but am glad you have
    left behind the teen. cards for a while just love this style
    and your flowers are great will be trying this one for sure.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia - glad your laptop is back with you, we can't do without them these days. I love this card - the colours are gorgeous and I like the embellishments. I agree that there are a lot of them but they look right on this design.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. hello julia another fab card love all the flower embellishments .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  26. Afternoon Julia, You have excelled yourself with this fantastic creation. I love, love, love it. The colours are stupendous together, I love the dies, I love the embossing folders, I love the sentiment, I love the distress inking, and the flowers are 'to die for'. I am a 'more is more' type of girl and this is my kind of card, I don't think it is OTT at all, I absolutely LOVE it, and can't wait for the POTD Shows.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, beautiful card! Looking forward to Tuesday :) Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  28. hi julia, theses dies are to die for they are fantastic and the colours to are great
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!