Tuesday 13 November 2012

Hello

Hi Bloggers.

This is the card that I messed up when I demoed it last week so I thought I'd explain how it should be done here!

So, first I cut the aperture out of Foundations patterned paper using the backing die from the Spellbinders CFT Puzzle Effect Die Set. After I had embossed it, I left the die in place and then placed the piece over a larger piece of Foundations Shades Paper. I placed the corresponding CFT die inside the aperture, secured it and then removed the aperture piece including the backing die (this is what I forgot to do in the demo). I ran the CFT die through the Grand Calibur, embossed it and the folded and tucked in the appropriate places.

I cut 2 of the little corner style pieces out of Foundations Shades paper using the CFT Diamond Strips & Accents die set, folded and tucked them and then put them together securing with a brad.

I cut 3 corners using the French Frills die set and 3 curves using the Puzzle Effect die set and added them as shown.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Trees of Imagination Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the tag die from the Diamond Strips & Accents die set and folded and tucked.

I assembled the card as shown and added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Silver Lustre around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

25 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia,
    I tried this die last week and I was a little disappointed in my outcome, however I really like this idea and will try it today perfect... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd beautiful Julia and I love the way you have made the greeting! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, a really lovely example of using these dies, love the use of the corners in the centre and the tag is just fab. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, Love, love, love this card, I love the puzzle effect dies and the sentiment tag is gorgeous, I will have to give this a try doing it step-by-step, at first look it sounds quite complicated, for me anyway ha ha, I will have to re-read ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia,
    A really pretty card, love the little sentiment accent, didn't buy these dies, wasn't too sure if I wanted them, as I don't use the other CFT dies, you have really done them justice, might have to think again,
    Have a good day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia lovely card be great for a guy xxhazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. Lovely caard. Thanks for the instructions as it looks complicated.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia...Very pretty card.....

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning julia what a lovely card i watched when you messed up but you still made it look good ive just got my dies yesterday so i hope i can make it look as good as yours. Take care julia.

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Julia,
    Lovely card. Thanks for the tutorial. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty card not sure that about these dies don't think I would use them very much. Love the way you have done the sentiment.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, I dont have these dies yet,i do use my other CFT die quite a bit. Love this card, elegant colour. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, a great card saw you do it on C&C but could follow
    what you were saying no wonder you mess up with the presenters
    yacking all the time but you managed to bring it back and made it easy to follow
    hope you have some samples in the new project book Sue says is coming
    soon and stocking it. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia

    An interesting card. Could be suitable for a man with appropriate sentiment of course.

    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Julia, A really beautiful card, do not have these dies, might have to invest in them after seeing exquisite card.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia
    What a brilliant card, I love those corners they are so delicate

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi julia this is a very pretty card,I don't have any of these dies not sure about them really! Although I have to say I have liked what you have done with them and may have to get one to try. Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, Not wild about these dies but not everyone likes everything....but you have still made a very nice card. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice card Julia ,you always do a great job.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    This is a lovely card. I don't have any of these dies but think they would be great for male cards. I love the sentiment in the corner.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for such good instructions Julia and what a lovely card too
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are very hard on yourself I think you did really well on your Demi's at c&c it can't be easy with so many distractions and time pressure! The finished card is just lovely

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  23. There are only ever happy accidents when it comes to craft! X

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!