Wednesday 27 April 2016

Spellbinders One Day Special on Hochanda this evening

Hi Bloggers.

I'm launching a One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm with part 2 of Becca Feeken's Wedding Collection from Spellbinders. For those of you on Freeview who stay up late or have the ability to record, the launch show will be shown at midnight tonight. Otherwise, you can view online at hochanda.com. Sky viewers can watch anytime, unless you're like me where my sky box just glitches constantly on the shopping channels!

On to today's card -

I made a similar one to this for the last One Day Special using the Spellbinders Quatrafoil Panel. This one is smaller as the Spellbinders Swirl Stripe Panel is a smaller die. This die can be easily extended to form a large background as you will see in some of the other samples.

So, I cut the inner die only form the Swirl Stripe Panel die set out of Coconut White Card, positioning it towards the left hand side.

I stamped the sentiment from the Heartfelt Creations Feather Grass Flourish Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Copper Bronze Lustre Embossing Powder. I wiped away the excess using a dry wet wipe. This stamp is very forgiving as it doesn't matter if you don't stamp it perfectly straight. I wasn't able to get any of these stamps for my website as there weren't many left - don't say I didn't warn you! lol! I added a little CS Flake & Glitter Glue Highlighter to the grass on the sentiment and added CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost.

I matted onto Peach Card. I wrapped a piece of Craft Consortium Peach Ribbon around and added a Craft Consortium Heart Buckle Charm.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Craft Consortium Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

I thought I'd also share a few bags I've made using the Spellbinders Favourably Simple Gift Box Die Set. These are easy to make. I'll try and do one in the launch show so that if you're on Freeview you can catch it in the repeat at midnight.

With Peach Card, CE Wedding Cake Singles, Clear Perfect Medium, CS Copper Bronze Lustre Embossing Powder, Craft Consortium Peach Satin Ribbon and Pearl & Diamante Heart Charm

With Craft Consortium Wild Rose 12 x 12 Paper

With CS Silver Mica Spray Mist, Spellbinders Grand Impressabilities Flower Delight, Spellbinders Bow Helpers & Closures, Craft Consortium Adhesive Pearl Heart Chain, Dark Grey Card
I may have more to show, they're quite addictive! I've just spotted a video tutorial on the Spellbinders Blog by Becca Feeken where she makes a gorgeous gift bag using this die set - puts mine to shame!


My next post on the Spellbinders Blog should go live today, around 1pm I think.

I've set up a category on my website with products I have on my website from the shows. You can find them here. There's 10% discount on them till midnight tomorrow night.

Leonie Pujol has a bunch of Creative Expressions products on her show 2pm till 4pm today. I've set up a category with products on her show on my website here. There 10% discount on those products till midnight tonight.

Stock of Leonie's masks should arrive today. You'll find them here when I've loaded the stock on. Her stamps are due in either later this week or early next week. Will keep you posted.

Hope to see you later!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (27th April) - John Lockwood Daisy Chain Elements Stamp Set only £7.99!

36 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A very elegant card Thank you.
    Recorder all set, so glad you are on with Leonie.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia,
    This card is so pretty - Becca's dies are beautiful and it must be a joy for you working with them.
    Looking forward to this evening and tomorrow's show, will watch and record them as I do all the Creative Expression Shows.
    You are one talented lady - thank you.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia today's card is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia, this card is stunning, love the stamp, and the way you have blinged it up. Looking forward to the shows. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. Beautiful card, at first glance I thought the sentiment was a die, was surprised to find that it was a stamp,love how you've highlighted the leaves on it. The bags are gorgeous too. There's just so much fantastic new stuff coming out at the moment pay days just can't keep up! Looking forward to your shows, have fun. Sue XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card & the gift boxes are really pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous and the bags are devine. I hope the shows go well. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    Lovely card & gift box, enjoyed the video,
    Looking forward to your shows.
    Wings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia. A lovely gift bag and card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, a gorgeous card and fabulous bags.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Will have to record shows I'm sorry I haven't emailed you yet - busy busy times My daughter gave birth to my beautiful grandson on Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    A lovely card, I love the Love stamp. The bags are gorgeous.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The card is beautiful Julia love it
    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    All very pretty the bags are so cute.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. The card is so stylish, Julia and I love the bags.
    Will record at midnight!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia. What a lovely classy card. Not watched the video yet as off out shortly to take advantage of the sunshine. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, This card is really lovely, and the gift bags are fabulous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, This card is really lovely, and the gift bags are fabulous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Julia, and the bags look fascinating. I have watched the video tutorial too. Very nice but I prefer yours. Looking forward to tonight. Thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous projects Julia
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another simple but absolutely stunning card. Absolutely love it.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. What great examples and projects - you have been busy !! Hope the show goes well, I shall be glad when I can watch again when Hochanda returns to Freeview.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super card Julia, love your bling....also those handbags, they are just so cute, nothing wrong with them, also watched Becca's video....so cute!! Luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my word Julia, how gorgeous are these, what super duper dies and samples.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very elegant card & cute gift bags.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Loving these simply elegant cards you are making, and the bags are gorgeous!
    Love Janet x
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Julia.

    Simple stylish Card, Lovely die and colour. Your bags are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a lovely collection Julia, I love the handbags. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another gorgeous creation Julia. Love the delicate colour combination

    Smiles

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Julia,
    I'm late today as I've been out but I have watched your Show on Catch up! I loved the card of the first demonstration and the bags are beautiful! I have that die set as I pre-ordered it! It is beautiful! Highly recommend it.
    Love the bags you have made and today's pretty card! I love Becca's work too.
    Thanks Julia! ,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Evening Julia. Lovely card and bags. Recorded tonight's show but will Catch up tomorrow X

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is a simple and but gorgeous card and is perfect especially if makung lots of them.
    And those little gift bags arevstunning.
    I wish these dies were around when I got married.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous Julia. Cannot watch show tonight but will watch on catchup tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia

    These wedding cards and favour boxes are just great and I can see the dies working for lots of cards and gifts. Will watch when I can tomorrow and recorded the show from this evening. Have a good one!

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Saw you making this card on tv this morning,
    it's absolutely gorgeous ! tfs
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!