Saturday 9 April 2016

Relax

Hi Bloggers.

Day 1 of Ally Pally today. Pop by the Creative Expressions Stand and say 'Hi' if you're going. Hochanda are broadcasting shows from there live over the weekend. Sue Wilson is starting it off with a show at 11am.

Here's today's card -

I started by stamping the Justrite Garden View Background onto Milk Card uisng Crushed Olive Distress Ink. I trimmed the card down to sized and distressed the edges with my scissors. I then inked around the edges with Crushed Olive Distress Ink using a Smoothie. I matted it onto a piece of Black Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Stacking Sentiments Stamp Set onto Milk Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels 10 Dies and inked through the die with Crushed Olive. I cut out the next sized die in the set and again inked through the die with Crushed Olive.


I tied a bow using 3 lengths of Black Jute Twine and added an Ivory Craft Consortium Resin Flower.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm Black Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (9th April) - Spellbinders Delightful Foliage Die Set only £12.99!

26 comments:

  1. Hi Julia. Beautiful card, not generally a fan of green but this is so gentle it's lovely. I think the sentiment is perfect for you today - have a great time at AP. Sue XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card thank you.
    Have fun this weekend and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, beautiful card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia and crafters all,
    Pretty card with unusual colourway, Will the sentiment be appropriate I don't think so!!!!
    I guess it will be very hectic with no time to relax. Hope you have a great Ally Pally!!!!
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, beautiful card, will see you soon.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia love this card thank you have s good day at ally pally xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    Have a great time at AP. Can't be there. Love the card today - it's so sunny!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so effective, Julia. Have a good day.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Julia. :) Nice and cheery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the design and the colours you have used the the dies are amazing. Have a great day at Ally Pally. I will be there tomorrow. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    A lovely card, hope you have a good weekend at Ally Pally. Wish I was able to go.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Julia. I hope the sentiment applies to you too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything about this card Julia!
    Have a great weekend at Ally Pally,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, a fabulous card, love the layout. Enjoy Ally Pally. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Julia, really like it ,
    Thank you,enjoy Ally Pally.
    Wings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, a very pretty card.
    Nancyd d xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very lovely card Julia,
    Enjoy your day.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colours today...beautiful card.....hope Ally Pally is going well for you...take care...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Julia. It's very bright and vibrant with the yellow and black looks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. a beautiful card Julia enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia.

    A lovely, simple, clean Card in a great colour combination. Thanks for sharing.

    I hope you enjoy Ally Pally.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, I hope you are having a fabulous day at Ally Pally.
    This card is stunning, I love everything about it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had a lovely day at Ally Pally It is always lovely to see the products in real life Spent loads of money Loved your demo with the Pixie Dust Anyone going tomorrow is in for a real treat

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card today. Enjoyed my day at Ally Pally.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!