Tuesday 12 April 2016

Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

I'm launching a One Day Special on Hochanda tomorrow night at 8pm with the first half of the Spellbinders Wedding Collection designed by Becca Feeken. The dies are absolutely beautiful and, although it's called the Wedding Collection, the dies are, in the most part, suitable for many occasions as this sneak peek shows -

For the background, I've embossed a piece of Milk Card using the Creative Expressions Wild Roses Embossing Folder.

I cut both of the dies from the Spellbinders Quatrafoil Panel Die Set together out of Milk Card. then cut both of the dies together out of Cornflower Blue Card. I kept all of the little flowers from the waste and put the die cut aside to use on another project.  I popped some Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of Duck Egg Card and then cut just the outer die from the set. I removed the other piece of backing sheet and added the Milk die cut to the adhesive. I then placed all of the little Cornflower Blue flowers into their spots and once all had been settled, I added CS Diamond Snow to the remaining exposed adhesive.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Amazing Sentiments Stamp Set onto Milk Card using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using a die from the Spellbinders Card, Liner and Envelope Set  The swirly die cut is also cut from that set, in Duck Egg Card.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Antique White Satin Ribbon. I cut one of the dies from the Spellbinders Lacework Button Flowers Die Set out of Milk Card. I threaded some thin Antique White Satin Ribbon through the holes in a button from my stash and added that to the Lacework Flower.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm Cream Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Sue Wilson is launching a One Day Special this evening on Hochanda at 8pm with part 2 of her January release of dies. I'm offering 10% discount on products I have in stock from the shows on my website here. Offer is valid till midnight tomorrow night.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (12th April) - Stamps to Die For Dandelion Mini Striplet only £2.99!

31 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card love the colours thank you tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A very pretty card Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Such a lovely card today. Love that frame around the sentiment. You make the most of your dies. Love it!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. A very beautiful card, a real labour of love re-setting all the little flowers. Thanks for your continued inspirations. Sue XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julia, a truly amazing and gorgeous card, love the colour combo, and the dies are perfection. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    This card is so pretty and the die I little bit different from the norm. Love the flower looks great with the button and bow.
    Hope you have recovered from Ally Pally.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, a fabulous card and the dies are gorgeous love Becca Feekans dies and her cards are amazing.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, really lovely. The Quatrafoil die looks really useful.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, oh I am looking forward to tomorrows show because I have wanted some of the dies from the wedding collection for ages ever since Bekka put them on her blog, oh my poor bank balance, it has really taken a caneing this month.

    I hope you have recovered from Ally Pally, what a great show it was.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Julia. Paper piecing is so effective.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card Paper piecing is is one of my favourite techniques

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the design the new dies look amazing. I will be watching as wedding ideas will be very useful. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card great colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  14. That swirly frame is gorgeous, Julia. Hopefully, Hochanda will put one of the shows on the early hours so I can record it on Freeview.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning card Julia love the colours thank you for sharing xxxxxxlove June hoffocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card,
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia

    Really lovely card. Love the detail on the sentiment

    Smiles

    June

    ReplyDelete
  18. I looked st these dies as we were setting up on Friday and thought some of them were really nice. It is therefore good to see how they can be used. This is a lovely card. I love the colour combination, I must get some of this cornflower blue card. Must, want, need? What is the difference. A PhD thesis in the making I think.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia. Like the look of your card so I will be watching. I especially like the swirly frame. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia, this is a gorgeous card and those dies of Becca's are fabulous. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Julia, This card is lovely, I love anything 'Becca' and her Wedding dies are really beautiful, especially the Wedding Shoes.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is lovely, Julia - love the use of double sided adhesive. Just wish I could see your shows but only have Freeview and very limited use of a computer.Roll on mid-May and Hochanda back on Freeview.
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow how gorgeous.
    Elane H X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia,
    We have Sue tonight and tomorrow on Hochanda followed by you tomorrow night and Wednsday! What a great week! Leonie on Wednesday too!
    Today's card is lovely and Becca is a clever designer too! Looking forward to the Shows! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Pretty die and lovely colour, I am going to have to have the Quatrafoil Panel Die. Thanks for sharing.

    I will cross my fingers and hope my internet behaves enough to watch you on catchup, I will miss you.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  26. An absolute stunning card today, love the background idea you used Julia

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another stunner today Julia, I love the colours you
    have used and the beautiful dies.
    And finished with a perfect bow, I love it.
    Looking forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card I especially like the swirly die surrounding the sentiment It realty frames it beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  29. The quatrefoil die is beautiful Julia and so is your card. Looking forward to watching your show. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice set of new dies Julia and your card
    is beautiful. Recording the shows.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card and colours, love this die.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!