Saturday 2 April 2016

I love you this much!

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I first dusted a piece of Black Card with my Anti Static Bag. I inked up the Justrite Butterfly Background with Clear Perfect Medium and stamped onto my dusted card. I then added CS Phill Martin Chic Viola and Chic Grey Blue Mica Powders. I removed the excess using a dry wet wipe.

I dusted another piece of Black Card with my Anti Static Bag and stamped the frame from the Justrite Spring Wishes Vintage Labels 8 & 9 Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium. I brushed the same 2 mica powders over the image as before, removing the excess with my dry wet wipe. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels 8 Dies.

I stamped the sentiment from the Spring Wishes Stamp Set onto Mauve Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels 9 Dies and added a couple of 5mm Black Pearls.

I matted my background onto a piece of Mauve Card and wrapped some thin Light Orchid Satin Ribbon around it. I tied a bow using 3 lengths of the same ribbon and added a Black Vintage Button.

I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Sue Wilson is continuing with her One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from the shows on my website here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last.

I've adjusted the postage charge slightly on my website. Orders up to £10 are now charged £3 postage, orders £10.01 to £19.99 are charged £2 postage (as before). Orders £20 and over are still free postage to UK. There's no change to the postage charges to Eurpoean addresses.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (2nd April) - Couture Creations Bobtail Die Set only £9.99!

30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, what a beautiful card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia. Lovely card, very chic. Sue XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card today.
    take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    That is a gorgeouse card today. So stunning. well done you!Love it.
    Anne M xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    Wow!! This is an unusual card - just love it!
    Would make a great mans card.
    You never cease to amaze me how you and the rest of Creative Expressions team come up with these ideas
    Well off to your website now, will you be getting the white tulle soon please.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia. What a beautiful background. Love the clear simple lines of this card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the colours you have used. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, lovely card today, I like the effect that the thin ribbon wrapping round gives to the card it puts that final seal to it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This background is so pretty, Julia. Another technique that I haven't done for ages. Thanks for the reminder.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, this card certainly has the wow factor, love the background, must give it a go again. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card Julia the colours and the ribbons great !!!!!thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    I love the background of this card, love the mica powder.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia.
    Nice card and I like the background. Good
    for a man perhaps in these colours.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely. Very different colours and so effective

    ReplyDelete
  17. I suspect the photographs on my iPad do not do justice to this card. I would love to see the original as I reckon it is fabulous. Must have a play to see what happens.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia

    This card has a dramatic look then, introducing the mauve softens it somewhat. A great card

    Smiles

    June

    ReplyDelete
  19. A truly beautiful card Julia.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    Gorgeous Card. Wow, it's beautiful, the stamps and dies are great. I love the colouring and I can even pick-up a hint of the sheen. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really fab card! Love all the ribbon and the lovely sentiment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, Wow !! I love this card !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very striking I love the effect of the mica on black card I really must get my micas out again

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I do love this card and the technique you used....The mauve on black is so striking....beautiful....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! such a striking card Julia. Love the technique, especially on black card. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Really unusual card today, must use my mica powders more, I tend to forget about them.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia,

    Really love the background using the mica powders, will certainly be having a go.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card. Must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that beautiful butterfly background and the beautiful colours you have used, oh this is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!