Monday 18 April 2016

In my Thoughts

Hi Bloggers.

I'm off on a little Beading Holiday today for a few days with my beading buddies. I've quite a bit to do before I go - I need to get my post done and pack and schedule my blog posts for while I'm away as we haven't stayed at the house we're at before so I have no idea how good the wifi will be. Hopefully, it will be good enough for me to keep an eye on things.

So, as I'm away, there's 10% discount on everything on my website till Friday 22nd (midnight) to make up for not being able to send stuff out straight away. John & Lisa have shows on Hochanda whilst I'm away but I haven't time to set up the categories for you. I may have some of their products in stock, not exactly sure what they have on their shows but, if I have it and you find it you'll get 10% off it automatically. There'll be no Deal of the Day till Saturday. I'll try and do some of the post on Friday afternoon when I get back.

My next workshop in Yardley Gobion is on Saturday 14th May.  There'll be 2 projects with the new Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders (and some dies!) in the morning and a couple of projects in the afternoon with the new Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polishes in the afternoon. You can book via my website here.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I stamped the Justrite Garden View Background onto Coconut White Card using Lucky Clover Distress Ink. I added Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I inked around the edges with CS Summer Sky Distress Ink using a Smoothie.

For the image from the Justrite Doodled Roses Stamp Set, I coloured the roses directly onto the stamp using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Marker and the leaves using Lucky Clover Distress Marker. I lightly misted it with water and stamped onto Coconut White Card. I repeated the process with the sentiment from the same stamp set using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Marker. I cut both the image and the sentiment out using the Justrite Stitched A2 Banners & Rectangles Die Set (sorry - hopefully, I will have it back in stock soon!) and inked through the dies with Summer Sky Colout Cloud.


I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm White Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on April 15th is ..........................

Barbara Gosden 

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post at the end of this week.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

35 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Thank you so much a very pretty card.
    Julia I hope you have a lovely time on your little holiday. Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, have a a lovely holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia. Lovely card, wishing you a restful and productive break. Sue XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, what a lovely card, fresh colours. Have a great break, look forward to seeing some of your projects. Well done Barbara on winning the card. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JUlia
    Have a fabulous holiday - sounds like fun. I have these stamps and die sets so it's good to see new ideas. Love it!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia,
    This card is so pretty, the colours are so subtle and love the scribbled flowers.
    Enjoy your Beading break, I along with many others think you deserve a long earned break to recharge your batteries - Enjoy !!!!
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card Julia I like the colours you have used. Have a great break xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the design the stamps are amazing. Enjoy your holiday it sounds like fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty card, enjoy your bead holiday xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, a very pretty card enjoy your beading. Congratulations Barbara.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card I love those doodled roses Have fun on your holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a good few days Julia , lovely card!
      XxRuth

      Delete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Hope you have a lovely time. Great card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, I love the doodled flowers stamp.
    I did a double-take when I saw my name as winner, what a lovely surprise.
    Have a great break with your beading chums, well deserved.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    So pleased to hear you are having a break with your beading friends......you so you so deserve it. Enjoy!
    Really pretty card today really like the stitched banners.
    Congrats Barbara.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another lovely card. Hope you will show us the results of your beading week on your blog sometime.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card and have a great time Julia.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia. A beading holiday, lucky you. Isn't it great to get away and be able to dedicate your day to something you enjoy doing without other things getting in the way. Have a great time. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card Julia hope you have a lovely bead break
    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia. I love this card because I particularly like the banners and rectangles die. When you first showed it I wasn't too sure and dithered about buying it so of course I missed out. I will have to put an alert on the product on your shop to let me know when it is back in stock.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Julia, back home now and can see your blogs, lovely card today, and enjoy your beading break, I envy you. Congrats to Barbara too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card today Julia. Thank you. Enjoy your beading break. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia

    Enjoy your very well deserved break. I love this card, recently purchased these stamps from you website, cannot wait for them to arrive.

    Take care
    Tracey from Hull
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning Julia, This card is beautiful.
    Have a lovely time with your beading buddies.
    Congratulations to Barbara.
    Lots oflove from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I really like the background stamp, pennant die, layout and colour. Thanks for sharing.

    I hope you have a nice break and recharge your batteries.

    Congratulations Barbara Gosden.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the flower stamp.
    Have a great holiday.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card Julia!
    Have a great holiday - you deserve one! Safe travel and don't worry about us - we'll look after ourselves for a while!! Lol. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

  29. Hi Julia, very nice card. Do like those roses
    and the back ground stamp.
    Have some great day's away and RELAX.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely stamp Julia. Have a wonderful break and hope you can relax.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  31. Have a great time on your beading break....love the card today Julia...see you when you get back !!!!!! luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Enjoy your bread Julia. Love today's card, that die set is fabulous. Pat x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!