Thursday 7 April 2016

Only the Best

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by stamping the image from the Justrite We're Having a Baby Stamp Set onto Milk Card using Watering Can Archival. I coloured it in using Brushed Corduroy and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Markers, pulling the colour out on the bear using a Water Brush. I cut it out using a Justrite Vintage Labels 9 Die and inked through the die with Scattered Straw Distress Ink using a Smoothie. I added a little CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost to the balloons using a Quickie Glue Pen.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set, again using Watering Can Archival. I cut it out using a die from the Justrite Stitched A2 Banners & Rectangles Die Set and inked through the die with Scattered Straw.

I cut the smallest rectangle die from the Stitched A2 Banners & Rectangles Die Set out of Primrose Card. At the emboss stage, I added the Circuit Board Mask. I cut the largest rectangle die out of Milk Card.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Antique White Satin Ribbon and added a Gold Dazzler.

One of the comments yesterday asked how many paper pads I have used - well, I'm not even half way through the Wild Rose or the English Garden Paper Pads. They really do go a long way!

Poor Phill suffered a really bad migraine yesterday and was unable to do his last 2 shows of his One day Special. Hopefully, he will be able to get some rest and shake it off before going to Ally Pally tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (7th April) - John Lockwood Tulip Elements Stamp Set only £8.99!

32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A sweet little card today, Thank you.
    I hope Phill is better today.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. A very pretty card and such a lovely sentiment. Sue XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, this card is gorgeous, love the bear stamp and the great sentiment, perfect colour/shade of yellow too. Hope Phill feels better, I hate having a migraine, as it really knocks the stuffing out of you. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Julia. I hope to see you at Ally Pally xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, lovely card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the cute teddy. Poor Phill I do hope that he feels better soon. I am looking forward to Ally Pally. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, really cute.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia,
    This is a lovely card, colours so pretty and I love the sentiment.
    Hope Phill is feeling better and you and all the Creative Expressions team have a brilliant Ally Pally weekend.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little stamp Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia, lovely happy card.
    Hope the prep for A/P going well, would love to be there.
    Best Wishes Lilian in Cornwall

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia
    What a pretty card for a grandparent to recieve. I would have loved that when my grandkids arrived! Love it! Good luck at Aly Paly - will be watching on TV.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card I'm hoping to be at AP So I'll come and say "Hello" Hope Phill is recovering

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, a really cute card today, love the teddy. I do hope Phill recovers quickly and is not in too much pain. Hope to see you on Saturday at AP.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I have given in and placed an order for some Primrose Card. It it a lovely colour. Card is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card Julia, love the primrose card, makes it suitable for either sex!
    So sorry to hear about Phill, he has my sympathy I know what it's like...I have suffered with migraines for over 50 years and I wouldn't wish it on anybody.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card Julia it's so lovely the stamp and colours poof phill I was watching Leone said he had to go home xx😔😔😔
    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww lovely cute card Julia, i hope Phill is better today, nothing worse.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I really like Banners and Rectangles dies and Circuit Board Mask. The stamps are cute and I love the colour. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Julia. Sorry to hear about Phill. Hope he is soon better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty card Julia and I love the sentiment - wish I had someone to use it for!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute card Julia. :)
    Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Julia, A really cute card and a lovely sentiment!
    Safe travel to Ally Pally. Hope you all have a lovely time. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A real little cutie card today, I love it....Have a great time at Ally Pally....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Julia. Best wishes to Phil, Leonie was rather loud!! X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, Awww, this is such a cute card, I love it, and the sentiment is gorgeous.
    So sorry that Phill couldn't do his last 2 shows, migraine sounds terrible especially when you are away from home, I wish him a really speedy recovery, hope he is feeling better soon.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, Awww, this is such a cute card, I love it, and the sentiment is gorgeous.
    So sorry that Phill couldn't do his last 2 shows, migraine sounds terrible especially when you are away from home, I wish him a really speedy recovery, hope he is feeling better soon.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for such a cute card today. Hope you and the team enjoy Ally Pally. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ahhh how cute is that card and such a beautiful colour for a baby card.

    Hope you all enjoy ally pally and that phil is feeling on top form.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!