Wednesday 20 April 2016

Chrysanthemum

Hi Bloggers.

Oops, scheduling went wrong on this one - sorry it's a bit late!

Here's today's card -

For the background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Creative Expressions Bed of Roses Embossing Folder.

I misted a piece of Watercolour Card with water. I then tapped some Teal Wash and Rich Gold CS Pixie Powders over. Once dry, I dusted with an Anti Static Bag and stamped the image from the Justrite Chrysanthemum Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I tapped a little Lava Red and Golden Mint Pixie Powders into a Paint Palette. I used my Water Brush to make the powders into paint and used them to paint my image. I cut the image out using Spellbinders Arched Swallowtail Pennants and used a larger die in the set to cut a mat out of Black Card.

I cut the largest die in the Spellbinders Regal Allure Die Set out of Black Card. I cut the insert die from the same set out of Coconut White Card and at the emboss stage I added the Emeralds Mask.


I assembled the card as shown adding some Small Black Circle Dazzlers and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Don't forget - 10% discount contnues on my website till midnight on Friday 22nd May.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

25 comments:

  1. Stunning is all I can say love it Julia thank you
    Love June Horrocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pixie powders give an intriguing result, Julia. Will have to give them a go I think.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia. The Chrysanthemum really pops on the pixie powder background, lovely. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    That'sa bit different for you. Like it though!
    Hope you're having a nice time. Well earned rest.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, gosh late this morning as had to go to the wound clinic to have my clips out, and boy did that hurt, the first 3 that they had put in were done upside down and twisted, did I scream, talk about being a woose..............anyway it is done now thank goodness.

    Now as to today's card well it is lovely, different but really nice. (can't lift the G Calibre or anything for 6 weeks, will see if hubby can put it on my table). Anyway I am loving the card, gorgeous.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    a beautiful Card...
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the pixie powders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really looks 3D this one - optical illusion. With the right stamped image, could easily turn this into a rocket card for a male card - have gone looking for a stamp now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So different and unusual Julia , i love it !
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. What unusual dies - love how you have used them.
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Julia

    Smiles

    June :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia.

    I love the Pixie Powder background, I like the Chrysanthemum Stamp on it. I think the arched pennant cut and mat shows it so well. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card All about it is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, very striking.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ver pretty card. Love the pixie power background. I must buy some to play with to see whether I can make a better job of it than I did with you last Saturday !!! I am sure sheer practice will bring me somewhere close to your standards.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love the background you have created. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, This is lovely, it reminded me of a 'stained glass window'.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, This is lovely, it reminded me of a 'stained glass window'.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous background Julia and a lovely stamp. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia. A very pretty card today. Love the bright colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. All I can say about this card is that it is AWESOME! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, this card certainly has the wow factor. Love the background to the flower, and some stunning dies. Hope you are having a great break. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great vibrant design Julia, stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!