Tuesday 22 December 2015

Thank You For Being My Friend

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

Another messy background on this one. I'm still working with this years Distress colours. This time it's Fossilized Amber and Twisted Citron. With the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped Phill Martin's Leafy Background onto a piece of Coconut White Card using Fossilized Amber Distress Ink. I repeated the process with Phill's Crackled Background and Twisted Citron Distress Ink.I ran the piece through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Creative Expressions Bed of Roses Embossing Folder and inkedarounf the edges with Fossilized Amber using a Smoothie.

I stamped the Creative Expressions Sunflower Bouquet (drawn by John Lockwood) onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I coloured in using Fossilized Amber and Twisted Citron Distress Markers and added a little Carved Pumpkin Distress Marker to the centre of the flowers. I cut it out using Sue's Double Pierced Rectangles inking though the die with Fossilized Amber and cut a mat out of Black Card.

I cut the outer die only in Sue's Classic Vase Die Set out of Black Card and both the dies together out of Coconut White Card. I glued them together, shaped them and added them to the Sunflower Bouquet with some 3D Foam.

I cut Sue's Fanciful Trim out of Black Card twice and added them to the top and bottom of the image panel.

I stamped the sentiment from John Lockwood's Cherry Blossom Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using Sue's Lavish Accented Design Noble Die Set and cut a mat out of Black Card using Sue's Ornate Pierced Design Noble Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm Black Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card on all website orders placed in December (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
25% off all items in Christmas Category till midnight 26th December.
Deal of the Day today (22nd December) - CE Art Deco Swirl Embossing Folder only £7.99!

28 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a pretty card today you and Sue are at the telepathy thing again same die, love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia. Love the background. Overall a stunning effect.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, another gorgeous card today, where do you get all your ideas from, love it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    You are in tune with Sue again.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another card with the vase die(I've just seen Sue,s) this one is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, nice & bright to cheer us up on a miserable and very windy day.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, The 'Queen of Backgrounds' has done it again !! Absolutely stunning, and the mix of colours is fabulous, I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, a lovely bright card for a dark and windy day, and a fabulous background. The sentiment made me think of the theme song from the Golden Girls tv series. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, you have a lovely card, for a rainy day x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, a very bright and cheerful card.I love it. Have a good day .Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Lovely choice of colours and nice to see your messy background making an appearance again. I go away tomorrow and will be missing for a few days so can I take this opportunity to wish you and all your followers a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the warm colours in this and "yay" to the messy backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card very pretty thank you Julia
    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Julia. Thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. elegant and beautiful card, Julia. Background is great.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia.

    Great background (as usual) and lovely colours. I really like effect of the Fanciful Trim with the black mat. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do like your messy backgrounds. No card can ever look the same even if the technique is used many times. Great card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful card again crafty hugs

    pen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia
    nice to see different ways to use this die .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the background and it's lovely to see sunflowers.
    Thanks for sharing

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. And ended up with a very interesting finish, a great idea...thank you Julia...a lovely card...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card today. You have inspired me to try your multiple background layer. I can do this! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do love your backgrounds Julia, the colours on this one are just beautiful. The vibrant flowers are stunning, just a perfect card. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia this is a gorgeous card. I love the design. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so pretty, I love the flowers and the pretty vase.
    I love the whole design of it, beautiful is an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card Julia,love the flowers!
    Happy Christmas to you ,your family and to all
    leaving a comment on your blog !
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!