Monday 7 December 2015

For You

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Creative Expressions Wild Roses Embossing Folder.

I cut Sue Wilson's Classic Weaving Die out of Coconut White Card. I cut Sue's Striped Weaving Die out of Teal Card. I separated the Teal Die Cut into double strips the same width as the White Classic Die Cut strips. I wove the teal ones through the white ones as shown.

I made a frame out of Coconut White and Teal Card using Sue's Ornate Pierced Rectangles Noble Die Set and added it to my woven background using 3D Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from John Lockwood's Dogwood Flower Frame Stamp Set using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using Sue's Pierced Flags Die Set and cut a mat out of Teal Card using a larger die in the same set.

I made a flower out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Camellia Complete Petals Die Set following Sue's method shown here and here. I inked the edges of the petals with Phill Martin's Decadent Teal Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I applied some Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue to the edges of the petals and then dipped it into a pot of Cosmic Shimmer Iced Snow Glitter Jewels.

I cut a couple of leaves out of Teal Card using Sue's Laurel Leaves Die Set. I made a couple of Decorative Stick Pins using White Pearl Topped Stick Pins, White Pearl Beads, Bead Spacers, Deep Blue Faceted Beads and Glossy Accents.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm White Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

John Lockwood is launching a One Day Special featuring his new stamp range this evening on Hochanda at 8pm and continuing tomorrow at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. You can see the products that I have in stock on my website from the shows here. There's 10% discount on these products till midnight tomorrow night (Tuesday 8th December).

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 4th December is ....................

gwen70

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop it in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card on all website orders placed in December (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
25% off all items in Christmas Category till midnight 26th December. 

38 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card I really must use my weaving dies more as I do like the results. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card beautiful colour.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia. This is striking, especially the colour.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, oh I really, really like today's card, I must get my weaving dies out again to have a play.

    Will be watching John tonight.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card beautiful colour. I've resisted buying the weaving dies but the more I see what can be achieved with them the more I weaken

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    I Love Your Beautiful Card Today Thank You So Much For Sharing, I Love The Fabulous Colour Palette.
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, todays card is gorgeous, love the weaving with the white and teal. Your stick pins are fabulous. Have a great Monday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teal is one of my favourite colours.
    A lovely card Julia I love the flower you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia this is a stunning card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, love the colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the card Julia, absolutely stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia,
    Absolutely beautiful card, I love the way that you have used the weaving dies and the teal colour is lovely.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, I love this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, I love this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, I do like teal and white, stunning.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card teal is my favourite colour love the weaving love June Horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    beautiful card again...
    I like the weaving effect very much.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The card we should have made, had we had the right layers pre-cut for us. (Know was not your fault Julia). Anyway great to have the close up pictures, so I can have another go at this card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I love the Weaving Dies and really enjoy seeing the different weaves. The colour is great and your floral arrangement is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations gwen70

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love these weaving dies, and such a pretty card you have made here....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card today, so crisp and clean looking!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So love your beautiful card, well done to Gwen, Enjoy.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the effects you create with Sue's weaving dies Beautiful card Beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Julia, love the colour

    ReplyDelete
  26. Firstly I absolutely love this card especially in the teal and white, these are one of my favourite dies and secondly thank you so much as you have just given me an idea for my father in laws birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia
    I love this beautiful card, stunning Teal & White which looks amazing especially with the weaving & gorgeous flower, stick Pins & lovely leaves.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card. Love the card and the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia. Lovely card. Must dig out my weaving dies as I have not used them in a while. Thanks for the reminder. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the card Julia, both the design and the colour are fabulous. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a stunning card and I love it. The weaving dies and the teal and white colours are perfect. X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card today. Love the rose as well as the dies and colors, very good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia,

    Truly stunning, I love the colours, the rose, the stick pin... its all perfect IMO,

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia, love the card. Gorgeous colour.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Julia, gorgeous card and love the teal. Love the weave combination and stunning stick pins too. xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ps congratulations Gwen 70! Wonderful! xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!