Sunday 20 December 2015

Not Older, Just Better!

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

The background is from my demo bits box - still going! I spritzed some Phill Martin Cosmic Shimmer Decadent Teal Ink Spray Mist onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam to make myself an 'Ink Pad'. With the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped Phill Martin's Butterflies in Flight Background Stamp. I spritzed some more Ink onto my Craft Sheet and mixed in a little PM CS Decadent Teal Mica Powder. I picked this onto my piece of Cut n Dry Foam. With the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped Phill's Resplendent Roses Background into some of the gaps. I ran the piece through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Creative Expressions Wild Roses Embossing Folder. I inked the very edge of the piece with my mica 'ink pad' then I inked a little further in using PM CS Decadent Teal Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Live Laugh Love Sentiments onto Coconut White Card using Decadent Teal Colour Cloud.I cut it out using Sue's Emma Die Set and inked through the die with Decadent Teal Colour Cloud. I cut the largest 2 dies in the Emma Set together out of Teal Card.


I cut all 3 dies in Sue's Corvus Die Set out of Teal Card.

I stamped the Shaded Orange Blossom Leaves Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Decadent Teal Colour Cloud and cut them out using Sues Orange Blossom Leaves Die Set. I had a flower in my bits box made out of felt from the Wedding Felt Pack with Sue's Diagonal Foldover Flower Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm White Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card on all website orders placed in December (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
25% off all items in Christmas Category till midnight 26th December.
Deal of the Day today (20th December) - Woodware Clear Magic Single : Poppy only £2.99!


28 comments:

  1. I do like these sprays for backgrounds ,but never use them now (the spay just gos everywhere when I do use them) ,lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, yes another lovely card today, I like the sentiment you have used too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, another beautiful card with your famous backgrounds.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia. What a beautiful background. Must have a go.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia great card ,love the background. ..Just love the sentiment. Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, loving this card, its beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great, love the way you try things out, spritzing and dabbing etc, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Like the colours.

    Must practice spritzing, I tried it on Friday and the blobs were great!! A larger box perhaps.

    Teress

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a clever idea for the background, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia this is a stunning card. I love it. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. Great card. Can you see the bottom of your bit box yet? SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card love itxxx June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card Julia a great background xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card again , Thank You .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia, a beautiful card, love the sentiment and of course the gorgeous teal colour, one of my all time favourites. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that teal colour....a stunning card Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia.

    I think this is lovely Card especially the colour. I love your messy backgrounds (I always call the technique, hand, stamp, init now, lol). Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card today Julia. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia
    Lovely card & love the beautiful shades of Teal which looks so pretty.
    Liking all the different textures & the beautiful flower which adds the perfect finishing touch.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, really like the teal colour.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    lovely card I do love the teal card.
    The flower & all the different texturs & dies make stunning card.
    Hug's Lynda Brock xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,

    Lovely card, I really love the sentiment you've used.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,

    I love the sentiment and the colours. I think it's brilliant that you challenge yourself to use those 'bits' from your demos. I kept some letterpressing experiments from the summer and I shall challenge myself to make use of them when I next craft.

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!