Wednesday 2 December 2015

Noel

Hi Bloggers.

I'm trying to sort out my Craft Room, again! I've gathered together 3 x A4 boxes of bits left over from my demos this year! So, I'm on a mission to try and use as many of these bits up as I can.

Here's today's card -

I made a card blank out of Coconut White Card using the outer die from the Spellbinders Mistletoe Card Front Die Set (fold card in half, hang one cutting edge outside of the fold then run through Grand Calibur).

I cut a strip of white card approx 4 1/8" x 6" and cut the Spellbinders Noel Strip in the bottom section. Leaving the die in place, I inked through the die with Phill Martin Frosty Aqua Colour Cloud Blending Ink using the pointy end of a Smoothie for precision inking. I added a row of Double White Pearls.

I stamped the focal image from John Lockwood's 12 Days of Christmas Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Phill Martin Frosty Aqua Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics A and inked through the die with Frosty Aqua Colour Cloud. I cut another square of Coconut White Card using Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics B and inked it with Frosty Aqua Colour Cloud.

I ran a piece of Aqua Card through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Couture Creations Christmas Vineyard Embossing Folder.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm White Pearls. Fewer layers than usual on this card to fit on the 5 x 7 card blank. Really quick and easy card to do if you've left your cards a bit late!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card on all website orders placed in December (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
25% off all items in Christmas Category till midnight 26th December.

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a fabulous quick Chrismas card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luckwith the sorting out ,I find it's a never ending task. lovely card today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, love aqua, I really must invest in John's 12 days of Christmas stamps, I keep meaning to do it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julia, a superb card today, love the aqua colour and the way you have used the Noel die. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    Stunning Card I Love The Noel Die, And The Beautiful Colour Palette, And The Stunning Use Of Pearls.
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia. Tidying the craft room is not something I enjoy doing. I like the way you have inked the Noel.
    At last my new dies have arrived - really pleased. Thank you.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia .The photo does not do this card justice. Thank you for all your tips.Sorry I have been unable to blog for some time .Gloria (sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, really pretty & great colour. I think we'd all love to see your craft space to see where you create these wonders.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, A beautiful colour on this card, very pretty.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Julia great colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Very pretty. I love the pearls, think they lift any card. Going to the wilds of Scotland for a few days so will have to pop in if and when I can. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia,
    A beautiful card in lovely fresh colours.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    A lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning, a beautiful card today, I love the soft aqua colour.
    Rosemary xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card Julia thank you xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with your mission! A lovely card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like my new year's resolution for 2015 - which was to make as many swap cards as I could out of my left-overs - did not do too bad, but I still have 3 boxes full of stuff, I might have to amend the resolution for next year, to be make a card a week out of the left-overs to make a dent in the amount in the boxes.. I was not allowed to buy anything new for a swap card - so left-overs or stuff already in my stash was all I was allowing myself. I also managed to make some of the family event cards out of left-overs. I even made two family event cards out of the home-work you sent me. So good luck with your mission. You could also have another homework give-away!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I think I will have to have a great big sort out in the New Year. I just cant bare to throw anything away.

    Love the card Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Julia, loving that Noel Die.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Julia love this with the No. 2 on it. It would have been my Mum's 80th birthday today so of course I love the no. 2. Well done Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea Julia, we all have these boxes around of bits and bobs, especially pieces of card....hope you are successful and get rid of loads, if you churn them out as lovely as this one, well done !!!! Luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,

    Gorgeous card, love the colour.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, yes I have saved so many odd pieces of card over the years meaning to use them all on cards but then find they are never quite the right size or colour to fit the project. Must in 2016 start with the piece of card and work around it. Lovely card today. X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!