Wednesday 9 December 2015

Just Because

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by stamping the Creative Expressions Heart Of Blossoms stamp onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using a selection of Distress Markers from this year's colours - I used Wilted Violet, Abandonned Coral, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber and Twisted Citron. Mostly, I added a little colour to the shaded areas and pulled the colour out using my Water Brush. In some areas, I added extra colour by scribbling the marker pen onto my Craft Sheet and picking it up with my Water Brush. I cut the image out using Sue Wilson's Heart of Hearts Die Set. I inked through the die with Pretty in Pink CS Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I cut a thin frame out using Sue's Grace Die Set and inked through the die with Pretty in Pink.

I cut Sue's Scalloped Lattice Buckle Bar die out of Coconut White Card 4 times and linked them together to form a frame. I added a 5mm White Pearl to each corner of the buckle frame.

I cut the sentiment from Sue's Ornate Frame - Just Because Die Set out of Baby Pink Card and the next size die in the set out of Coconut White Card, inking through the die on the latter with Pretty in Pink.

For the background, I ran a piece of Baby Pink Card through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Creative Expressions Wild Roses Embossing Folder.

I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

I managed to order some of the new Camellia stamps to match the Camellia Complete Petals, the Monday's Child Background, the Pastel Watercolour Set, more Monday's Child stamp sets and more Double sided adhesive sheets yesterday. Hopefully, they'll be here tomorrow or Friday.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card on all website orders placed in December (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
25% off all items in Christmas Category till midnight 26th December.  

28 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a very pretty card love the flowers.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, another pretty card today, I am loving the buckle dies and like the inspiration on this card, so looking forward to seeing more of the samples you and the rest of the design team have made.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Thank you this card is so pretty, I love it.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Julia. I love what you've done with the buckle dies. The topper is beautiful. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful card Julia, makes you think of the summer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the flowery heart and the colours are so bright and cheerful. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, A gorgeous card !! I love your colouring and blending, really pretty, and a great way of using the buckle die-cuts.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, A gorgeous card !! I love your colouring and blending, really pretty, and a great way of using the buckle die-cuts.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, great colouring and I like the buckle die frame.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card and I really like the stamp.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Love the center lovely colours. I too ordered the set - naughty but nice.

    Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card Julia it's so beautiful love the buckle dies xxxxjune Horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. A lovely bright and cheerful card. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,

    Soooooo gorgeous. Love it. Thank you.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia what a lovely card so bright and cheerful I do like the way you have used the buckle die. Gloria (sidcup ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty I love how you've cut the topper out with a heart die for a change

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia.

    This is such a pretty Card Julia. The Heart Of Blossoms stamp is lovely and I think the Scalloped Lattice Buckle Bar die is a lot nicer now I have seen it cut. Beautiful Colours. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, do love the buckle die makes a gorgeous frame

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a beautiful card and my favourite colour too, pink...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like the die used for this frame, as mentioned above it has to be seen to be appreciated.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and love the dies.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing card Julia, love the dies and the colouring. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia wow Stunning card beautiful clolouring so pretty
    Hug's Lynda Brock xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,
    Stunning card, what a statement the heart of flowers makes...brilliant!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia
    Beautiful pretty card & love the colours, very girly & feminine & would be suitable for many occasions.
    Love all the dies used & must get the Scalloped Lattice Buckle Bar die as that is so pretty & lacey.
    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!