Tuesday 8 December 2015

Celebrate each passing year

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by stamping the sentiment from John Lockwood's Fern Frames Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archvial. I then stamped the Regal Blossom Inner Frame around it, again using Jet Black Archival. I coloured in using Distress Markers. I started by adding Blueprint Sketch to the shaded areas on the flowers. I pulled the colour out using a Water Brush. I then scribbled some Mermaid Lagoon onto my Craft Sheet and added a little to the flowers using my Water Brush. I seemed to have a little sparkle from the Lovely Lights Sparkle Pigment Set I used when last on Hochanda so that was a bit of a bonus! I edged the frame with Blueprint Sketch. I cut out using a die from Sue Wilson's Heraldic Square Die Set and added some Rhinestones to the flower centres.

I cut the largest die from the same set out of Coconut White Card. I cut one of Sue's Double Pierced Squares out of Coconut White Card and then another layer using the Set B.
 
I cut Sue's Charming Lace Trim out of Deep Blue Card 4 times and added the die cuts around the frame.

 I finished the card by cutting some more layers using both of Sue's Double Pierced Squares Sets and adding some White Pearl Corners.

John Lockwood continues with his One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. Just a reminder that there's 10% off items I have in stock from the shows on my website till midnight tonight. You can find them here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card on all website orders placed in December (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
25% off all items in Christmas Category till midnight 26th December. 

32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card fabulous colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, this is another beautiful card, I love the colours you have used too.


    Saw John's show last night, and am loving the stamps, I even got a mention on the telly so was dead chuffed.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card love the colours thank you tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely stunning card I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card today Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card-live everything about it!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is stunning the dies and stamps work so well together. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely card,very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Julia and lovely sentiment,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia.you do have an eye for colour.Your card is lovely .Enjoying the Hochanda shows . Gloria (sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card and a really nice sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, A lovely card, beautiful colours.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card Julia stunning the stamp is lovely along with the colours xxxxx love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia,
    A lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love this heraldic square Sue Wilson die, and you have made such a beautiful card using it...thank you....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia

    Sorry for absence lovely cards on your blog this last few days. Hope you are not being blown around too much!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    I think this card is gorgeous. I love the dies and stamps you have used, great colours. This is the perfect amount of decoration for my taste. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Greetings from Schipol Airport Amsterdam. On the way home and back to commenting.

    I like the crisp blue style of this card. The sentiment is a nice one

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. How beautiful is your card Julia .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply gorgeous, hope you got my email yesterday Julia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia took advantage of your John Lockwood discount and remembered to ask for a card. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your use of different dies. Stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card & love the shades of blue colour which looks really fresh.
    Lovely central focal element & the sentiment is so true as I do believe that every day is a bonus not to be wasted.
    Sue's charming Lace Trim die is so pretty & elegant & looks amazing on your gorgeous card.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the card ! Glad I got both the die and stamp
    so will give this a go. Take care,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, gorgeous card and love the blue used. The heraldic die is a favourite...haven't got it.....but it is a favourite...xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!