Monday 21 December 2015

Happy Anniversary

Hi Bloggers.

Today is my Mom & Dad's Wedding Anniversary. I'm not sure how many years - it's around 56, I think but I'm probably wrong. The years just fly by! Anyway, I thought I'd share with you the card that I've sent to them.

I cut a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares. I cut Sue's Delicate Filigree Buckle Bar 4 times and arranged them around the frame.

I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Creative Expressions Swirling Hearts Embossing Folder.

I stamped the CE Heart Of Blossoms Stamp onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Silver Shine Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the largest die in Sue's Heart of Hearts Die Set.

I stamped the sentiment from John Lockwood's Flower Hearts Elements Stamp Set, again onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Silver Shine Detail Powder. I cut it out using Sue's Pierced Flags.

Now, I must confess that I messed up one of the corners when I added the buckle bars to the frame so I had to either bin it or hide it. Obviously, I went for the hide it option. I stamped one of the flowers from the Shaded Orange Blossoms Stamp Set 8 times using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Silver Shine Detail Powder. I cut them out using a die from Sue's Orange Blossom Complete Petals Die Set. I shaped them, paired them up (offsetting them) and added a 5mm White Pearl.

I cut a larger Double Pierced Square and then added to a proper card blank to send to my Mom & Dad.

The winner of the card from Feebie Friday on 18th December is .....................

Kaye

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop it in the post.

There won't be a Freebie Friday this week as it's Christmas Day. Normal service will be resumed on New Years Day!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card on all website orders placed in December (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
25% off all items in Christmas Category till midnight 26th December.
Deal of the Day today (21st December) - SW Dainty Rectanglular Frame only £6.99!

37 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, well what can I say, such a stunningly beautiful card for your parents, they love it I am sure as do I, fantastic.

    Congrats to Kaye

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a fabulous card really beautiful they will love it.
    Congratulations Kaye lucky lady.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    What a beautiful card, thank you for sharing with us a very personal card. They will love it. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Julia and a happy anniversary to your parents. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julia, wow this is such a beautiful anniversary card for your parents. Congratulations to them on their special day. And well done Kaye on winning the Freebie card. Take care everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card & perfect as a keepsake.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia. What a lovely card for your parents and congratulations to them.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Julia. Congratulations to your parents too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia today's card is stunning I love the design. Congratulations to your parents they will love this card. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia. What a elegant looking card. They will love it. Congratulations to them . Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Julia. Your mum and dad will love it. The happy accident you had with the corner makes the buckle dies look so different beautiful. Your mum and dad will love it. Have a great Christmas. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. One can be sure that your parents will be delighted to receive this beautiful card on their special day. Congratulations to them both.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, A Very Happy Anniversary to Julia's Mom and Dad.
    Your card is stunning, Julia.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. Congratulations to your Mom and Dad on their Wedding Anniversary and what a lovely card you have made them. Have a great day. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia,
    CONGRATULATIONS to your Mum & Dad, a gorgeous card which I'm sure they will love.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning card, just beautiful, I am sure they will be delighted with the card which has been made with love.

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Julia they will love it it's our 58th anniversary in March love to your mum and dad xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very beautiful and delicate Julia, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Julia, A Very Happy Anniversary to Julia's Mom and Dad.
    Your card is stunning, Julia.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Julia im sure they will love it xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Julia - I'm sure your mum and dad will be thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    Absolutely stunning card, I'm sure that your parents will love it.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia.

    I think this is a lovely delicate looking Card. I'm sure your Parents will be delighted. With a change of sentiment it would be a great Wedding Card. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Kaye.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a delicate beautiful card Julia, I just love it...the colours are so inviting....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning Julia, what a beautiful anniversary card x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card your Mum and Dad will love it .
    Congrats to your winner.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia
    Such a beautiful card & I'm sure your parents will love it..
    Love every design element on this pretty card & the white on white looks very opulent & elegant.
    Oh dear, my wish list is getting bigger as I need all the dies & stamps you have used for this stunning card :-))
    A stunning card Julia as always...

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas & wonderful new year & thank you for all your amazing & inspirational demonstrations throughout this year & look forward to many more in 2016.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia a gorgeous card for your Mom& Dad .
    Love this stamp so many ways to use it .
    jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous, Gorgeous card, Congrats to your Mum & Dad bet they love it!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Julia this card is gorgeous, your mum & dad will be so pleased with it.
    I just love it and have all the dies on my wish list and have now added the stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Julia,
    What a beautiful card! I'm sure your parents will be thrilled with it.
    Package arrived safely today - many thanks!
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful Anniversary card, hope your parents
    have had a nice day,
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia

    A really pretty card, I'm sure your parents will adore it. Great use of the buckle bars and I don't think I ever made a card without a little camouflage on it!

    Congratulations Kaye xxx

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice idea for a card - it is my brother's 25th in Jan - might have to pinch and adapt idea, as I don't have all the stamps and dies you used - I bet you are surprised at that!

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!