Thursday 17 December 2015

Season's Greetings

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by stamping the Creative Expressions Florentine Background onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Phill Martin Cosmic Shimmer Decadent Denim Embossing Powder. Next, I inked up the deboss die in Sue Wilson's Lavish Accented Design Noble Die Set with Clear Perfect Medium and ran it through the Grand Calibur with the embossing sandwich (you could do this in the Platinum but I'm still using up me demo bits). I added Decadent Denim Embossing Powder and heat set. I cut it out using the 2 dies either side of deboss die (I didn't emboss so as to not flatten out the debossed pattern). I cut a frame out of Blue Dusk Card using Sue's Ornate Pierced Design Noble Die Set and popped it behind the deboss frame. I added 3D Foam and added it to my Florentine Background. I trimmed awaythe excess using scirrors.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Peace on Earth Stamp onto Coconut White Card using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using Sue's Pierced Flags. I cut the next sized flag out of Blue Dusk Card.

I stamped the Shaded Poinsettia in a couple of sizes twice onto Coconut White Card using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using the corresponding dies from Sue's Classic Poinsettia Die Set. I shaped them, stacked them up and added a Brad.

I cut a pair of Sue's Star Sprays out of Blue Dusk Card. I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Creative Expressions Star Swirls Embossing Folder. I added some White Pearl Corners.

I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

I've managed to get hold of a few sets of large plates for the Spellbinders Platinum Machine - you can find them here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card on all website orders placed in December (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
25% off all items in Christmas Category till midnight 26th December.
Deal of the Day today (17th December) - Phill Martin Chic Floral Birthday Verses only £9.99!

37 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, this is a fabulous card really really like it the colour is beautiful too and the flower is gorgeous.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, yes this is my kind of card, love the stamps you have used, the sentiments and the wonderful dies, oh we have been spoilt today.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Stunning christmas card love the colours and the dies and stamps thanks tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    Thank you for another beautiful card such pretty colours.
    thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,
    Stunning card, I love this shade of blue and the noble dies are amazing.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Julia I do like the decadent denim (more for my wish list lol)
    Thanks for all your inspiration as I have these noble dies but have not had a chance to play xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the design the dies are amazing. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Julia, made in a pretty colour.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, so pretty & lovely colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, this card is stunningly beautiful, love the softer blue shade, and as always your Poinsettia is fabulous. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia this is a fabulous card.The poinsettia looks lovely in that shade of blue .Gloria (sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely Christmas card x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Simply gorgeous, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wow, Julia !!!! this card is 'right up my street' it is absolutely stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Wow, Julia !!!! this card is 'right up my street' it is absolutely stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia. Stunning card as always. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card, Julia

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly beautiful Julia love it
    Xxxxxxxxx June Horrocks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Julia... this is just stunning. 11/10!

    Can I belatedly thank you for getting my order to me so quickly a week or so ago and also thank you so much for the pretty card you put in my order for me. I must've looked at that for about 10 minutes before it got put in a very safe place.

    I'm only making a few cards this year due to health but so glad the stamp you used today was in that order as it will be used!

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So gorgeous Julia, I have just bought the shaded poinsettias so have yet to have a play, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia,
    What a lovely card. I love that stamp and have just ordered it from you! Your poinsettias are lovely I love the overall look of the whole card. Really lovely.
    I don't always comment, need to try harder in 2016!!
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card, nice colour. I really like your floral element, very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    WOW a Gorgeous card today love the colours you have used and the flower stamp is great I have used a lot this year .
    Jeanie.e

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Julia. Love the blue. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning card Julia love the background stamp. Crafty regards Julie Kayxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really beautiful card Julia. I used Sue's star sprays myself yesterday - they are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Afternoon Julia my freebie friday card has arrive, just lovely, as is this card too. Many thanks

    Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. A most beautiful card today Julia, I love it....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia,
    I absolutely adore this card, I saw a version of it when you were at S/T in Leeds so much so I made quite a few myself in Gold, Silver and Frosty Mink....never thought to do it in blue, still have a couple to do for close family....guess what colour it will be in?

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW! What a lot of products and techniques! But it does make a WOW card and I love the colours you chose

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia
    Lovely card again today nice in the blue.

    Am off away until the new year so have a lovely and peacefully happy Christmas.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This card is just stunning Julia, no other word for it. The cobalt ink is gorgeous and all the dies work so well together. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  33. A beautful card again Julia. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia
    Wow, stunning, beautiful & gorgeous is all that needs to be said !!
    Amazing card & love everything about it..
    Loving all the dies used & must get the Poinsettia stamp as that looks so good...

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!