Monday 14 December 2015

Get Well Soon

Hi Bloggers.

Another 3 panel card today but a bit different as the centre panel is stamped -

The background is a piece of Coconut White Card run through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Creative Expressions Fine Finials Embossing Folder. I've inked around the edges with the CS Pretty Ink Pink Colour Cloud Blending Ink using a Smoothie.

I cut the outer die in Sue Wilson's Butterflies in Flight Die Set out of Coconut White Card twice. I cut the main 2 dies in the set out together twice out of Coconut White Card. I removed the outer die and inked through the remaining die with Pretty in Pink. I cut all 4 of the butterflies in the same die set out of Baby Pink Card twice and then glued them at the back of the decorative die cuts. I then added them to the plain white background die cuts.

For the centre panel, I stamped the CE Dragonfly Mini Striplet Stamp (drawn by John Lockwood) onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I coloured in using Distress Markers. I'm trying to limit myself to this years colours as an experiment. I used Cracked Pistachio on the leaves. On the flowers and dragonflies, I used Carved Pumpkin and Abandonned Coral. I cut the panel out using the outer die from the Butterflies in Flight Die Set and inked through the die with Pretty in Pink.

I stamped the sentiment from the Wild Rose Studio Everyday Sentiments Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using Sue's Pierced Flags Die Set and inked through the die with Pretty in Pink. I cut the next sized flag die out of Baby Pink Card. I added a flower from my demo bits box which was made using Sue's Diagonal Foldover Flower Die Set and felt from the Wedding Felt Pack.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm White Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.


The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 11th December is ..................................

sunshinepen

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop it in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card on all website orders placed in December (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
25% off all items in Christmas Category till midnight 26th December.

40 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you,
    I love that little die.
    congratulations to Sunshine pen, I know your card will be even more beautiful in real life.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card I love the strip let dies

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Julia I love the layout of the card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, thank you for this lovely card today, the stamped centre panel is beautiful and really looks great with the 2 side die cuts panels. Well done sunshinepen on winning the card. Have a good Monday all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia this is such a beautiful card. I love the idea of stamping the centre panel of three. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely design with lots of ideas to adapt to dies we might have.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that card! Brilliant inspiration.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, Truly beautiful !! I love this card !!
    Congratulations to 'sunshinepen', enjoy your winning card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like these panel cards. This is lovely, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, love the colours used.

    Congrats to sunshinepen

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia ,gorgeous card .Love the striplet butterfly die .Gloria (sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, Truly beautiful !! I love this card !!
    Congratulations to 'sunshinepen', enjoy your winning card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful idea makes a gorgeous card Julia, just love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Julia love the colours thank you xxxxxjune xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, beautiful card, very well planned out, love how you swopped butterflies. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card, a striplet that is on Christmas list, it's so pretty.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia. A very pretty card in lovely colours. I love striplets. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia, Wow first thanks for picking me as Freebee Friday winner - will email you now. And now back to the card. Beautiful card I so love the middle panel. Its a stamp that I am thinking about getting. Many thanks and crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the striplets!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Julia, Johns stamp looks good, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely card. A nice striplet with lots of possibilities. John's stamp matches well with it.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia,
    what a wonderful card again.
    The combination of John´s stamp and dies is perfect.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another great card Julia - love the stamp

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card again Julia, you are such an onspiration.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,

    Beautiful card, love the stamped image.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. A beautiful card Julia so different. It is so lovely to see a mix of pictorial stamps and dies.

    Crafty Regards

    Julie Kay xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Julia, this card is gorgeous!!! I LOVE the butterfly border and how it is done!!! And congrats to "sunshinepen" for being a winner of a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning Julia
    Wow I love this card it's stunning. The butterfly striplets die is one of my favourite
    Love the stamp too it goes so well together with the dies.
    Hug's Lynda Brock xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Julia.

    I think this is delightful, so pretty. The Butterflies in Flight Die is lovely as is the colours. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations sunshinepen.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia,
    A really lovely card, anyone would feel a lift to receive such a pretty card.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely lovely get well card x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia
    I love this gorgeous feminine pretty card.
    Lovely soft colours & all the dies used make this so stunning & suitable for many occasions.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow this is a gorgeous get well card and would cheer
    any one up. I love the colour and the way you have layered the stamped image which is so pretty between the butterfly striplet die.
    I now need to get that die and the stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Julia, love the card and the stamp is so pretty.
    Hope you are all right, so wet and cold outside.
    Take care, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Julia. This is a lovely pink and white card. Must get the butterfly striplet as it always looks so pretty. X

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely card today Julia. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!