Sunday 13 December 2015

Season's Greetings

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

Still using up some demo bits!

For the background, I cut the Spellbinders Mistletoe Card Front out of Coconut White Card. I popped a piece of Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto the front of the die cut. On the reverse, I dabbed some Phill Martin Cosmic Shimmer Frosty Jade and Frosty Sky Mica Powders onto the exposed sticky surface. I then spread the powder around using a Soft Brush so that all the exposed sticky was covered. I removed as much of the excess at possible then sealed the whole lot in by glueing a piece of copy paper over the top (this is necessary as mica powder with escape no matter how much you brush away the excess).

On the front, I removed the other piece of backing paper from the Double Sided Adhesive. I added Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Sprinkles Glitter Jewels.

I cut a frame out using the Spellbinders Holly Frame Die Set with a Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics B die in the centre and inked through the die with PM CS Frosty Jade Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I added some narrow strips of 3D Foam to the back of the frame then added some CS Glue before adding them to the background. I trimmed away the excess background using scissors.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Peace on Earth Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Frosty Jade Colour Cloud applied with a Smoothie. I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Pierced Flags. I cut the next size up in the same die set and coloured it with the Frosty Jade Colour Cloud.

I spread some PM CS Frosty Jade and Frosty Mink Sparkle Texture Paste onto Coconut White Card through the Gradient Mask and put aside to dry. Once dry, I ran it through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Creative Expressions Let it Snow Embossing Folder. I then cut a couple of sizes of die from Sue's Classic Poinsettia Die Set twice. I shaped them, glued them together offsetting them slightly and stacked the 2 sizes together adding a Brad to the centre.

I cut a pair of holly sprays using Sue's Holly Spray Die Set. I rubbed PM Frosty Jade Gilding Wax over and then added some tiny dots of PM CS Frosty Sky PVA.

I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card on all website orders placed in December (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
25% off all items in Christmas Category till midnight 26th December.

35 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia

    Sorry for error in the previous post mind on other things! Beautiful card today stunning love the decoration!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely technique on this card.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia. What a pretty card , especially all the frosty holly leaves.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Julia, just had a go at texture paste and a mask, so pleased with it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia and what a glorious morning it is when you see such a creation as this to greet us all, I am really liking this card, seeing the close ups bring it all to life, love it and especially because it has my favourite colours too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card ,I think from all the cards you've shown this has to be one of my favourites,love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning Julia stunning !!!!!thank you love June xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I hope you have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love how everything works together in Phill's sets Guess what I'm going to play with later (if I get time after battling the crowds at the shops!) Pretty card today

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    A gorgeous card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Have a few more cards to make to post before my cataract op this coming week, think I will try the mica power technique to make some backgrounds case I like this idea. Thank you.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia .Great card as always .I do love how you have decorated the flowers. Have a good day .Gloria (sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Julia love the colours. Crafty regards Julie Kayxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, Wow !! Wow !! Wow !! I absolutely love, love, love, this card, the colours are fabulous, the die-cuts are fabulous and I love how you have created the background, very 'ethereal' in appearance. I love this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, Wow !! Wow !! Wow !! I absolutely love, love, love, this card, the colours are fabulous, the die-cuts are fabulous and I love how you have created the background, very 'ethereal' in appearance. I love this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia. You are so creative. Do you want some of my bits? SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card Julia, love it!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia, another beautiful card, love the really frosty feel/look of it. I wish I had your left over demo bits, my life would be a lot easier right now. Have a lovely day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    Tremendous Card, Love The Colour Palette
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful frosty look for this card, lovely.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I like all the dies especially the Spellbinders Holly Frame Die. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great background Julia. Love the frosty jade it gives it a very soft frosty feel to the card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely Christmas card! I am not sure what you meant by glueing a piece of copy paper over the top of the mica powder area. Did you remove the copy paper later?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card & like the soft shades of green & gold which look so pretty..
    Love the design of this & the poinsettia & Holly leaf sprays adds the perfect finishing touch.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia,
    what a beautiful christmas card... so delicate and elegant!
    Love the huge flower as well.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is stunningly beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card i love the frosting.
    Elaine h X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bit late for me -but just to say lovely card finally got to view the blogs

    Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia, beautiful card using the Holly frame die. Love the frosty jade colour and the added holly spray. I also love the green brad in the middle of those gorgeous poinsettia xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW Julia, just love the subtle look of this card, so delicate.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia. This is a gorgeous card today. The frosty poinsettia leaves and holly spray finish it off beautifully. X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!