Friday 9 August 2013

If friends were flowers

Hi Bloggers.

As promised, here's a card I've made for tomorrow's shows -

For the background, I inked up the Justrite Garden Gate Background stamp with Old Paper Distress ink and stamped it onto Coconut White Card. I made a smaller panel by stamping the Justrite Autumn Damask Background Stamp using Antique Linen Distress Ink. I joined the 2 pieces together and hid the join with a piece of Blue White American Seam Binding.

I stamped the flowers from the Justrite Circle Of Love Vintage Labels Three Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Distress Markers. I used Antique Linen, Old Paper, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey. I stamped the frame from the same stamp set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Olympic Gold Lustre Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels Three Dies for the outer edge and Spellbinders Standard Circles Large for the aperture. I inked through the die on the outer edge only with Antique Linen. I cut out a Spellbinders Stately Circle (on my show on 18th August) and inked through the die with Old Paper.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Warmest Wishes Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed using Clear Powder. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels Four Dies and inked through the die with Antique Linen.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of the American Seam Binding and added a button from my stash with a little bakers twine threaded through it.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls in the top corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

I've finally got around to adding a business page on Facebook. You can find it here. My own page is just for family and friends but if you like my business page then you can be kept up to date with what I'm up to as well as finding out here on the blog. You can also follow me on twitter here. I'm not particularly active on Facebook or Twitter - no time! So don't expect too much!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

36 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, another lovely card, love the stamps! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    thank you such a pretty card.
    I have set the recorder for tomorrow.
    Take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Lovely card and great use of subtle colours. I absolutely love the stately circles - next die on my list.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card! Lovely stamping and delicate dies, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, what a super pretty card! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, A beautiful card, love the colour, I didn't realise you had stamped different stamps onto the background, until I read what you had used, that's genius !! Love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx
    PS I have 'Liked' your business page on facebook xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, this is so pretty, I love the background especially xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab card ,love the background stamps.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, love it! Marion xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card today Julia. Looking foward to tomorrow's shows. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, a truly lovely card like the idea of
    stamping twice on the background with different stamps
    very inspirational keep up the good work with all you're
    ideas looking forward to tomorrow's shows.
    nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete

  12. Hi Julia,

    Lovely card. Colour and dies go so well together. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty card Julia, I always think pansies look such happy little flowers, one of my favourites

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    A lovely card, love the gentle colours, and the way you have the peeping flowers from the aperture.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia, Such a pretty card, love the colours and dies, they are perfect together. Pansies are one of my favourite flowers, your colouring is amazing. Will be tuning in tomorrow.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Julia, love the colours, will be watching tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Julia what a beautiful card I'm very excited about watching your shows tomorrow. Have a good day. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just love this card and the colours and techniques you've used. Thanks for sharing it with us x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia. this card is so pretty and so delicate. Really looking forward to tomorrows shows.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, this card is beautiful I love how you have used the dies I always forget to use them as frames love Jean z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, a stunning card. Love the stamp and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning Julia, I just love everything about this card, really struck a chord with me so I am doubly looking forward to your shows tomorrow. Now off to see your Facebook page, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,
    Aaaw such a very beautiful card this morning....love the colours and I always love that sentiment for friends.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Julia,

    Think I have said before I love Yellow, so vibrant and such a 'happy' colour.

    Love the background stamp as well as the flowers.

    Looking forward to your shows, have set them up for record.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia this is a lovely card and the colours are so soft and pretty together, I will be watching your shows tomorrow to see what other delights you've brought for us to buy!! Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, This is so delicate and pretty.Wish i was as confident with stamps. I am trying!! Taping the shows tomorrow as im off to Stoneleigh. Bank balance beware!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia lovely card love everything about it.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia I have been away for a few days with my Granddaughters so I am playing catch up I love all your work you are so talented and inspiring thank you for all the inspiration with fantastic products x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card, Julia, look forward to the shows! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card! Looking forward to the shows lots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the soft colours on this card Julia - what a beautiful design. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia. I am late again (24 hours!!!) with looking at your blog but still must say what a pretty card. I love pansies, they areone of my favourite flowers, and the background is brilliant. I would never have thought of using two different stamps as you have! Thank you for sharing. Hope your journeys to and from C & C are good and safe. Looking forward to the shows. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Morning Julia
    Not sure what happened there, but really late post - a very pretty card and the colours are great. Another super background.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!