Sunday 25 August 2013

Happy Birthday

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I randomly inked through sections of the Fretwork Mask using Scattered Staw Distress Ink. Then I randomly stamped one of the swirls from the Heartfelt Creations Sunkissed Fleur Swirls Stamp Set using Scattered Straw. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Hyper Magical Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Scattered Straw using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Heartfelt Creations Tags & Basket Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Distress Markers. I used Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold and Crushed Olive. I cut the image out using Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles and inked through the die with Scattered Straw. I cut a larger Resplendent Rectangle out of Custard Card and again inked through the diw with Scattered Straw.

I stamped the Sunkissed Fleur Stamp using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut out using the Sunkissed Fleur Die. I did this a couple of times so I had plenty of flowers to choose from. I selected some flowers to correspond with the ones on the tag. I coloured them the same way as before, shaped them and added a Cream Pearl in the centre of each.

I selected 3 of the larger flowers and coloured them the same way as the ones on the tag. I coloured 2 leaves (also cut from the stamp/die) with Crushed Olive. I shaped the flowers and the leaves and added a Cream Pearl.

I assembled the card as shown adding some more pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.
 
Julia.

29 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    Another lovely card using the sunkissed fleur range - they look so good. I have the dies and they add a prettiness to a card - perfectly matches the stamps.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a very pretty card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    beautiful card thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card I bet it would look good in lilac thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card with lots of summery colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia this card is so pretty those stamps and dies are gorgeous - the more I see you using them the more I want them. Oh but I promised myself I would be good. Have a great day. Jackie

    ReplyDelete

  7. Hi Julia.

    Very pretty and vibrant card. Love all the elements. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, Love it !! I adore the custard card and I adore the sunkissed fleur dies and stamps, a truly gorgeous card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,

    A lovely bright, summery card from you today. The sun kissed Fleur is beautiful.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Another great card. love the dahlia stamp.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, a beautiful card, I think I must get the rest of these stamps, I love them! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. A beautiful card. I never get tired of seeing anything with these gorgeous flowers on. Thanks for always telling us which colour promarkers you have used and the close ups of the flowers. I find it really helpful as I still struggle with shading etc. Hopeyou get to relax today/tomorrow. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Julia, lovely summery feel to it, perfect for today as it is so sunny here

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, another pretty card with those flowers again. i think I may have to get these. Hope you are having a good weekend. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    Another beautiful card today and as others have said those flowers are gorgeous..

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely sunny card, very pretty. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, another beauty today, love the colouring and of course one of your amazing backgrounds. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the background on this card Julia. The flower is just gorgeous and I think the bright colour is just what we need on this gloomy bank holiday weekend (well, it is in the north east!!) Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card love the flowers xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Julia what a stunning card. Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, just love the scrolls the dies and the flowers such a beautiful card love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia this is another lovely card and I'm glad I got both sets of the sun kissed flower stamps as I think they are going to end up being my most used stamps!! I really like the yellows you have been using and I reall must vary my colour schemes as I tend to stick to the same ones lol love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning Julia,
    Beautiful focal point and flower but sorry, way to much going on in background for me to focus on. I guess it wouldn't do if we all liked the same things, but your endeavours are still very much appreciated as they give us so many ideas and hints. Your focal point and flower are beautifully coloured and remind me so much of real flowers that i have seen in my mums garden of wonder. I say garden of wonder because.... i wonder what that is is the recurring theme through out.hee hee hee (mum doesn't mind).
    I have 3 sets of your inks and really like them because of the fine line that it does, but i need more ( Oliver Twist coming out).
    Thank you Julia
    Love and crafty hugs
    Norah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia, A vibrant summery card today, love the background and layout. The flowers are gorgeous and your colouring is amazing. Had to sit on my hands re the stamps and dies boo hoo, it is getting harder by the minute.
    Have a lovely Bank Holiday.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia, another beautiful card, so cheerful. I do love those stamps and can't wait till I can get them. It has to be said that between you and Sue my wish list is getting longer and longer, so hubby will be permanently broke at this rate (she says with a giggle)

    ReplyDelete
  26. fab flowers, make great cards with them.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  27. A beautiful card that showcases a beautiful stamp set. Love the shade of custard. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia,what a beautiful card. I love the marigolds x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!