Thursday 15 August 2013

The Gift of Christmas

Hi Bloggers.

As the title suggests, I have a Christmas Card to share with you today -

For the background, I first stamped the reindeer from the Justrite Holiday Magic Clear Stamp Set using Fired Brick Distress Ink. I then stamped the 'STOP HERE' sentiment from the same stamp set using Festive Berries Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry and ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Holiday Magic M-Bossabilities Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Fired Brick.

I stamped the stocking from the Justrite Christmas Gifts Vintage Labels Two Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Berry Red Aurora Embossing Powder. I cut it ut using Justrite Vintage Labels Two Dies and inked through the die with Fired Brick.

I stamped the sentiment from the Christmas Gifts Stamp Set, again using Perfect Medium and embossed with Berry Red Aurora. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels Four Dies and inked through the die with Fired Brick.

I tied a bow using Burgundy/Ivory Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and added a Red Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding an Idea-ology Christmas Noel Adornment, some Cream Pearls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Berry Red around the edges.

Before I sign off, I have some exciting news from Creative Expressions to share -

Would you like to be given fabulous Creative Expressions stamps every month absolutely free? Then we would love to hear from you...
We are currently looking to recruit new passionate crafters to join our 2013/14 Creative Expressions Design Team (CEDT) to make fabulous projects using our products and rubber designs!
What’s in it for you?

There are some fantastic benefits to being a member of the Creative Expressions Design Team! As a member, you will:-
·         Receive a new set of Creative Expressions rubbers stamps every month (absolutely free) as well as a selection of other crafting goodies to work with to create your weekly projects.
·         Receive a fantastic 25% discount on all products that Creative Expressions Supply (this discount applies only to RRP of products & is only applicable when ordering from Creative Expressions directly).
·         Enjoy regular links to your blog through to the Creative Expressions website, blog and social media channels.
·         Receive a CEDT 2013/14 badge to display on your blog &/or website.
·         Have your creations showcased on the Creative Expressions website, marketing materials & social media channels.
·         Be joining a fantastic new innovative & exciting Design Team!
To find out more information on how to become part of the Creative Expressions Design Team, click on this link: http://blog.creative-expressions.uk.com/

The closing date for entries is Friday, 6th
September 2013 at 5pm GMT.
Good luck and we really look forward to seeing your projects!

I hope some of you will have a go.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

35 comments:

  1. hi julia
    what a great Christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    A very striking card. I love the stocking stamp. And the little reindeer is super cute.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Christmas card Julia, so cheerful and very festive xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Lovely, bright and cheerful Christmas card. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, a really wonderful Christmas card. Love the red and white and brilliant background. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia
    Fabulous card - love the background. A very cheerful and festive card.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia what a fantastic card today. I am hoping to start my Christmas cards today. Thank you for pointing out about the Design team a very exciting challenge. Have a good day. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, Gorgeous Christmas card, lovely uplifting colours, and fabulous stamping.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card Julia, and congrats on having 1000 followers! I'd love to join the design team, but sadly I don't have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, lovely card again today. Good luck to all who enter the design team call. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hi Julia,

    A lovely bright , cheerful Christmas card. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia, A stunning, bright and cheerful festive card, love the stocking stamp and that little reindeer is soooo cute.
    Good luck to all that apply to join the design team, what an opportunity.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab background ,and a great card again.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, what a fab card for today. The background makes such a statement. Love it!! Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Lovely bright Christmas card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great Christmas card Julia

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    A wonderfully festive card tody, it looks great in red and white.
    Good luck to all of those who apply for the design team.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia. So very Christmassy. Love it.
    Good luck to all that enter for the design team.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely Christmas card Julia, love the red and white.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Julia - very Christmassy.
    Have now managed to watch last week's shows and pick up some more good tips. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. HiJulia, a lovely Christmas card. Love the stocking stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, lovely card today I just love red and white for me it's very traditional love Jean z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    I love the way you have put this card together,the backgroud is lovely and the stocking stamp just finishes it off, as always a beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia this is a lovely traditional looking card with a great background as usual and I like the colours used. I have to admit I am more drawn to traditional colours and images of Xmas but I also like to throw in some contemporary colours and images too!! Looking forward to Sundays shows. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,

    Beautiful card yet again, brilliant, love it.

    Would have loved to join the DT, what an honour for whoever gets the role, unfortunately I don't have a blog so won't be able to go for it.
    Good luck to those who do.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia and everyone,
    Very festive and cheerful card.
    I really should get more Christmas cards done but can't muster the enthusiasm yet. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. A real Christmassy Christmas card Julia and I'm looking at my red wrinkly edge ribbon at present and thinking how well that would go with this design. Best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, great festive card today.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia
    great card thank you for the response to my queery yesterday
    take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia

    Just love today's Christmas card, it's absolutely fantastic. Mind you all of your cards are.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun card, Julia, cheerful, bright and very Christmassy. I love it
    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia
    What a wonderful and cheery Christmas card this is. I love all the stamping on the background and the embossing over the top.
    The stocking focal image is lovely. I like the red and white colour scheme such a nice look.
    The reindeer stamp is my favourite though, I missed out on this set, I'm hoping to get it if you bring it back to c&c again.
    I've been asked to make some Christmas cards for my mums friend ( she's asked for twelve ! ) I'm going to have to think hard as to what to do, I'm not very good at card making so I wish my mum hadn't volunteered me! I will have to see what I can dig out of my stash to make a card out of!
    I wish anyone going for the design team membership luck.
    Best wishes from Katie-Louise

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the red and white theme for Christmas and the stocking is absolutely gorgeous. Good luck to all those who apply to join the DT. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning card love it all xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the red and white colour combo.Fab card dearie.Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!