Thursday 8 August 2013

You are so Special

Hi Bloggers.

Before I share today's card, I've just found out that the Couture Creations Tied Together Embossing Folder is now back in stock at the warehouse. I've ordered some and they should be here early next week. I'll post as soon as they arrive.

Here's today's card -

One of my messy backgrounds on this one. I used Coconut White Card. I randomly stamped the Beaded Flourish using Faded Jeans Distress Ink. Then, with the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped the Justrite Fleur de Lis Background Stamp using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I repeated the process with the Justrite Floral Flourishes Background and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.

I stamped the Antique Dressform using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Persian Sea Aurora Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles and inked through the die with Faded Jeans.

I cut a Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle out of Cobalt Card. At the emboss stage I added the Couture Creations Wild Poinsettia Embossing Folder. I stamped the sentiment that comes with the dressform using Perfect Medium and embossed with Persian Sea Aurora. I cut it out using Spellbinders Matting Basics A and inked through the die with Faded Jeans. I tied a ribbon using White Satin Edged Organza and added a Frosted Blue Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cobalt around the edges.

I'll be back tomorrow with a sneak peak from Saturday's shows.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    I love the background. I've only just started stamping my own backgrounds and this gives me inspiration.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, terrific background, love that mix of beautiful blues xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    thank you a very nice card take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, I would never describe your backgrounds as messy, I think they are pure inspiration. Beautiful card. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    Another of your brilliant backgrounds - love the blue combo really effective.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, Beautiful !! I love the colours and the background, as always, is gorgeous, love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, Love the background and the colour way. Thank you! Marion xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Julia, as always your background is fab..love the colours too! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia another fantastic card and background
    and love the blue's altogether a great card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the blue colours in this card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, another lovely card, love the background. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Super card, love the colours and of course the background is brilliant.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super background Julia, the colours are lovely. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. Love the colours.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia, Fantastic card, the background is amazing, as always, love the colours.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Julia and very pretty colours

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Julia this card is beautiful the background is gorgeous I must try making my own backgrounds I do have lots of patterned paper though. Have a good day. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely card julia,

    Love how you have done the background

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia, lovely card! Great colours (love blue) and the background, as ever, is gorgeous. Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi julia
    great girly card love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    Wonderful card this morning and fabulous background.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, love the background your so clever, the card is lovely love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia. Great card. Love the "messy" background. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia
    Your 'messy' background is truly wonderful and so pretty. I love all the blues you have used with all the different stamps. The timeless rectangle in the cobalt blue card and embossed with the poinsettia embossing folder looks great and sets off the focal point of this card being the mannequin stamp so well. The poinsettia embossing folder is so versatile, more then I imagined I thought it would be a Christmas only folder but you have shown over some wonderful posts that its much more than that. I really like the Persian sea aurora embossing powder you have used. The aurora embossing powders are great I must get some.
    I will be on the look out for that tied together embossing folder I'm glad they have brought it back if only briefly.
    Best wishes from Katie-Louise

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!