Wednesday 28 August 2013

Garden of Life

Hi Bloggers.

Before I share today's card, I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has clicked 'like' on my Julia Watts Crafts page.  A few people of sent me friend requests - my personal facebook is only for friends and family - sorry. All my news goes on my Julia Watts Crafts page and here on the blog.

Here's today's card -

This is one of the rare occasions when I used a backing paper. It's from the Heartfelt Creations Burst of Splendour Paper Pad which I had been given. It seemed rude not to use it even though the pad was not included in the show.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Natures Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival in the top left hand corner. I wrapped a piece of White Crochet Ribbon around the centre.

I stamped the Blooming Dahlia  using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using scissors and coloured using Milled Lavender Distress Marker. There's only one layer on this card, you could decoupage this flower into lots of layers. I stamped some leaves from the Bold Leaf stamp set using Crushed Olive Distress Marker. I cut them out with the Classic Leaf Die Set.

Just to show how well other dies work with set, I cut aHeartfelt Creations Decorative Lattice Swirl out of Coconut White Card.

I assembled tha card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Vintage Plum around the edges.

I'll be back tomorrow with a sneak peak from Friday's shows - mmm what to share first?

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

29 comments:

  1. Morning Julia,a beautiful card I just love that Dahlia stamp and the backing paper is gorgeous.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card my favoured colour the dahlia stamp looks great must get this one I will put in on my christmas list thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, can't wait to see your new samples

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    thank you a very pretty card. take care, Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. Very pretty. I love the dahlia. Even just one layer looks great. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,

    Beautiful card today and I must say the backing paper is lovely too!

    Love the overall composition of the card.

    Looking forward to tomorrows peaks, Ohhh I can see be being our of pocket again come Friday lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, Love it !! love it !! love it !! the backing paper is gorgeous, and the dahlia stamp is stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, a beautiful card and really gorgeous backing paper. Great sneak peeks, love them, hopefully will be able to watch the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Julia, that background paper is gorgeous. I'll be watching and recording the shows. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, love the background paper, think we need them, love the Dahlia stamp too! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Dahlia stamp and how you have used it, also the background paper is beautiful and sets it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia
    The background paper is lovely! It's a really nice card that would be good for a get well as the flower is very cheery.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous everything about it is beautiful. Have a good day. Jackie

    ReplyDelete

  14. Hi Julia,

    Lovely colours. The card is great. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favourite colours! Love this card, Julia, so pretty. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia,
    Great cad, very pretty background paper. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous stamp and card Julia, it is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia I was one of those people requesting you to be my friend, but I now follow you on your blog. Do you make your cards in the early hours of the morning or are they done the night before. I love all your work you are a very talented lady and you can see in your work you love what you do, even though card making is now your job I remember you saying on c&c. Love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely stamp and this die is fab .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful and elegant card.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia. Beautiful paper and die.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the lilac with the Dahlia, Julia. But you are a tease about the show!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Julia, beautiful card, I do love the colours ( being my favourites). That stamp set is on my wish list.

    Have a great day
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning Julia, a lovely card. Love the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia, Such a pretty card everything about it is lovely .Love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia, Pretty card, the paper compliments the dahlia perfectly and would make a lovely get well card. Love the colours and the sentiment. Ooooh I love sneak peeks.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia lovely card Julia love everything about it ,off now to click like on your page.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this Julia and I do like that backing paper

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card and gorgeous backing paper. x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!