Thursday 29 August 2013

A Special Something

Hi Bloggers.

As promised today I'm sharing a card from tomorrows shows. It's green! Be gentle with me!

Here it is -

Spellbinders have launched a series of Gold dies called Enhanceabilities. There are Rounds (circles), Ovals, Rectangles and Squares. There is no cutting edge on these dies (although some do cut some detail within the debossed designs) and they are meant to be used with your standard circles, ovals, rectangles and squares. Although, it's fun to use them with other shapes too or just use them to emboss your background. A useful addition to your stash methinks. There are lots of other dies and folders on the shows, some of my favourites are also on this card.

So, for the background, I used a piece of Coconut White Card.I ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Ocean Dreams M-Bossabilities Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design - you can easily get it to slot into place on the cogs section of the design. I rubbed Enchanted Gold Gilding Wax all over the design. I waited 5 minutes or so till the wax was dry and then inked around the edges with Peeled Paint Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the Fishtail Frock using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Tone Matt Drawing Ink (from the Skin Tones Set) also Golden Pear and Enchanted Gold from the Cosmic Shimmer Garden Flora Mica Spray Set. I cut it out with scissors and went around the edges with a black marker pen to hide any white bits.

On this card I have used the Gold Rectangles One with the Grand Rectangles dies. There are smaller dies in the Gold Set which co-ordinate with the Large Classic Rectangles die set (which is on the show). You can also use the Matting Basics sets with them and, of course, other shapes too. On the smaller white rectangle, I added the Delicate Mask at the emboss stage to add a little more interest to the centre of the panel. You could also just use lots of the gold rectangles for interest on this panel. I also inked through the die with Peeled Paint.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Heartfelt Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Pearl Effects and inked through the die with Peeled Paint. I cut a Spellbinders Nobel Rectangle out of Green Card.

 
In the Pearl Effects Die Set there's a little flower die. I cut 3 flowers out, edged them with Peeled Paint and shaped them (I will try to demo this at some point tomorrow). I added a 5mm Cream Pearl to the centre of each.

I cut a couple of leaves using the Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some more Cream Pearls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Hope you like this offering - no green comments allowed!

I'll be back tomorrow with another card from the shows.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

39 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    The main image isn't my cup of tea but it does look fab, the colour looks so striking. Love the flowers and leaves.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and the colour is great the
    dress looks fantastic.
    nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia,

    There is nothing wrong with Green, makes a change I think and this looks lovely.

    Loving the new dies I have seen them on other sites on pre-order (can't wait see lol!)and the new embossing folders are beautiful.

    Unfortunately I am out of pocket this month so wont be able to purchase anything but things have been added to my want list, which is extending by the day!

    Looking forward to your shows.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be recording all the shows tomorrow and my favourite colour is Green so this card is right up my street xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    thank you lovely card cannot wait to see the demo's tomorrow.
    Take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    Another great card I will be watching sometime tomorrow I will be recording it thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is beautiful the new dies sound interesting. I will be recording your shows tomorrow as I will be away they will be a treat for when I get back. Have a good day. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, I love it !! I do like green, although don't very often reach for it. I'm loving your use of the new dies, and the last piccie shows a fabulous close-up of the beautiful gilding wax.
    Looking forward to your shows tomorrow.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will be interesting to see the demo's for these dies. Great pictures and photo's, really clear, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interested in seeing how you use these dies, love the background on this card so will check it out tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, really looking forward to seeing these new dies! Great card today! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! I adore those little flowers. I also love the colour we are not allowed to mention! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia, I think this card is superb, love the colours, and the new dies look fab. Looking forward to the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete

  14. Hi Julia,

    Loving the card. Look forward to your shows. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. A great card, fab new dies, love the colour too! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card, love the dress stamp and the green!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Julia,
    i do not like green as a person but this is a lovely card and not too over the top, but why have you put the caption on the Owls head? The branches of blossom at his feet is fine because he is in the tree, but he's going to have a mighty sore head balancing the topper all the time.
    The power of imagination is a wonderful thing. Have a great day tomorrow
    Love and crafty hugs
    Norah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Julia, this is a beautiful card with great texture. The close up shots really show how the gilding wax gives it a gorgeous sheen. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia, A pretty card, love the dress stamp and the colour, the background is stunning. The new dies sound interesting will be watching some of the shows.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, I like green providing its subtle like yours. New dies look interesting.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, very nice card love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia... Love the card and all the detail (love that stamp!)
    The new dies sound interesting..... I'll be watching.
    Hugs
    Heather W
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, Lovely card, I like the design, looking forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another great card Julia, very pretty

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Julia, I especially like the flowers they look to be a nice size not to big.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia. The Enhanceabilities are really interesting. Can't wait to see them demoed.
    Really pretty card. I for one like green!
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card Julia - very pretty green. The new Spellbinders look very interesting, like Val, I cant wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning Julia, and what a stunning dress you have created and I love the little flowers. I will have to reread this post as I'm not following how the new dies work but no doubt it will be very simple when I see your demos tomorrow!! Best wishes Jackie D.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia this is a great great and the enhanceabilities look very interesting! I look forward to seeing what other great samples you have done. I'm another who likes the colour that cannot be mentioned lol love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia this card is stunning and I love the green.looking forward to your shows tomorrow .
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  31. love the little flowers and embossing folder.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia, super card and that dress fair shines, it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the card Julia - the stamp is so pretty. Looking forward to your shows. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia , lovely to see a card in green a lovely change, the dress is really beautiful and put together so well, I love your your work thank you for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful design in green.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the shimmer you've created on this card. I've heard of the enhanceabilities but didn't know what to do with them. The dress looks all shimmery too though you say you've used just peeled paint ink, did you put gilding wax over too?
    It's a stunning card Julia.
    Thank you for all the hard work you put into this blog.

    Katie-Louise x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!