Wednesday 14 August 2013

Ocean Treasures

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I inked through the Woodgrain Mask with Butterscotch Adirondack Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I then wiped some Aqua Adirondack Dye Ink over one side of the Couture Creations Peacock Pleasures Embossing Folder, popped the background inside the folder, closed it and ran a brayer over the folder to transfer the inked pattern to the background. I made sure the ink was dry and then dusted the piece with my anti static bag. I stamped some shells and starfish (from the Justrite At the Beach Oval Medallion Labels Stamp Set) along the bottom using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer True White Detail Embossing Powder.

I stamped the main image from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Scarlet Flame from the Autumn Shades Set, Blue Lace from the Soft Velvet Set, Sea View from the Garden Twist Set and Sunflower from the Summer Fayre Set. I cut it out using Justrite Nested Oval Medallion Labels Dies.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Justrite Antique Tags One Dies and inked through the die with Butterscotch Adirondack.

I assembled the card as shown adding a couple of Idea-ology Custom Fasteners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Have you heard that the Couture Creations Tied Together Embossing Folder is now back in stock? Please scroll down to read the previous post for info and details of other items new and back in stock in my Amazon Store.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

23 comments:

  1. hi julia
    very sunny card as its not very good weather where iam staying on holiday so your card had put a smile on our faces thank you tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    A very cheery card. I love the stamp that you've used for the main image - the way you've coloured it in makes it very striking.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    brilliant stamps for scrap booking thank you Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, a lovely summery card, that stamp is fabulous. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the seaside stamps, lovely cheerful card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia
    A very summery card, love the sand effect that you have achieved and the over embossing with the folder. The colours of the main topper are fab.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. Another bright and cheerful summery card today, thank goodness! The weather here is overcast and quite chilly. We are all wearing trousers and jumpers at the moment!!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, Loving the background using the wood bark mask, it looks amazing.
    The 'Tied Together' embossing folder is one of my favourites, so glad you are now re-stocking this (as your previous post), I love mine.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card, love the rippled beach effect xxhazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia a gorgeous card today I love the way you create backgrounds for your cards. Thank you for the update on your store I will have a look later. Have a good day. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia, A very pretty, sunny card today, love the rippled beach background and the sentiment. I have ordered my Tied Together folder and the owl stamp, I show my Sister your cards when she gets in from work and noticed the stock post, your service is so efficient they will be here in no time.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, very colourful and bright, love the background love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. The background is stunning, it really looks like a sandy beach. just love the card.
    love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning |Julia,
    A bright cheerful fun card today, very nice.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Wonderful summery card today and I love the stamped image.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, a lovely bright and sunny card. Hope you have a great day,
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cheerful card Julia, and have you noticed you are on 999 followers? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,

    Very bright and vibrant card today. Love the use of the mask as sand.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia another lovely card,love the colours you used.I was watching your second show from last week that I had recorded,what can I say, yourself and Nigel ,were so funny and when you pulled up your bra strap I could not stop laughing lol it was something I would do my self,thanks for the fun and the fantastic demos.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very cheerful and bright card

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, lovely card as usual, we have just come home from an all family holiday in Norfolk and to my surprise the beaches were lovely, so may make on for each of my grandchildren as a memento.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia love this bright summer look now that ours is fading fast lol x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!