Tuesday 6 August 2013

There's only one like You

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I used Milk Card. I ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Squared Mask. I left the mask in place and inked through it with Fired Brick Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the Heartfelt Creations Classic Message Set using Perfect Medium  and added Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I stamped the Rose Trellis around the sentiment, again using Perfect Medium added Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold Detail Embossing Powder and heat set the lot. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Scarlet Flame from the Autumn Shades Set and Soft Moss from the Garden Twist Set. I cut it out using scissors.

I inked up the Justrite Floral Flourishes Background Stamp with Fired Brick Distress Ink. I popped a narrow panel of card on top of the stamp and rubbed gently. I removed it from the stamp and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I wrapped some Cream Crochet Ribbon around my background and added the panel I had just created.

I tied a bow using the Cream Crochet Ribbon and added a Red Dazzler and a couple of Crystal Decorative Stick Pins.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm Cream Pearls to each corner and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Vintage Golden Green around the edges.

Please scroll down to the previous post for info on new products added to my Amazon Store.

Don't forget to catch Sam on Create & Craft today. She has shows at 11am and 3pm.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

28 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    thank you for the inspiration my brain in a rut at the moment the card is lovely,take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, lovely card, that panel is a great idea, backed with the crochet ribbon. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, A lovely card today, beautiful colours, gorgeous background and lovely focal image.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    Love the background and also the use of the ribbon to make the small panel pop.
    Thank you for all the backgrounds that you show us - no need to purchase a background paper any more
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Julie, especially like the side strip, it is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, liking the way you have added the side panel covered with the crochet ribbon.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julia, Beautiful card, love the background and the side panel with crochet lace. I had the masks out yesterday doing some backgrounds, you have taught me so much, thank you for your inspiration. Will be watching Sam at 3pm.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, lovely card love the colours Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great background for male cards. The strip down the side is really effective - a lovely card. Will be watching Sam. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, a really lovely card the side border on top
    of the lace really pings it would look good in the blue colours
    too must try this one.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card love it all xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia, I love the rose trellis stamo you have used, so effective. Best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely red card Julia, I do love that background flourishes stamp.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Julia I love this card red is a colour I adore. I will try to watch Sam's shows and check out your Amazon store. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. Love, Love, Love this card. Looking forward to seeing Sam today.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Wonderful card love the colours and especially the stamped image.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, a really beautiful card, I love it! Will be watching Sam ths morning! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete

  18. Morning Julia,

    Lovely card.

    Looking forward to Sam's show. X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning Julia, this is such a beautiful card, I really love it.
    Have a great day
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty Julia, I'm really loving this red, although it's not a colour I would usually go for

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi julia
    stunning card love the colour scheme you have used

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia another beautiful card. Can I ask what card you are referring to when you mention milk, coconut etc? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi Julia super card I love the way you did the panel,and I love the colours.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Julia and that floral flourish panel is fab.
    Best wishes. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia
    What a stunning card this is, it's so pretty and eye catching. The background you have made is great and really sets off the rose trellis focal point to the card. When I saw this card I thought you had sourced some particularly beautiful red and white ribbon to put over the crochet ribbon but was so surprised to read that it's card stamped rather wonderfully with a floral flourish stamp I believe. It's really stunning. I must try this way of making a thin stamped panel to put over my ribbon as it really catches the eye and sets the card off wonderfully. I love the red, I thought the brick red distress ink would be too intense a colour for a whole card but you have proven that it can be every bit as delicate as a pink that I would normally turn to. Thank you so much for this inspirational card. I missed the shows but am about to watch reruns via the app! Hanks once again for this great source of inspiration.

    Best wishes from Katie-Louise

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia. Fab card.I love the rose trellis and the background stamp. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!