Friday 2 August 2013

Life is better

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

The background on this one uses the Justrite Floral Flourishes Background which is really pretty. I dusted a piece of Coconut White Card with my anti static bag. I stamped the Floral Flourishes Background using Perfect Medium. I stamped it a second time to extend the design. I overlapped it slightly but you can't tell. I then added Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I then rubbed Fired Brick Distress Ink all over using Cut n Dry Foam. I'm really not sure why this turned out so light when I demoed it - the joys of live tv!

I stamped the Delightful Lily using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Marigold from the Autumn Shades Set and Soft Moss from the Garden Twist Set. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 29 and inked through the die with Fired Brick. I stamped the Lily again and cut just the flower head out using scissors. I went around the edges with a black marker pen to hide any white bits. I coloured it in using the Marigold Matt Drawing ink, shaped it with a bone folder and popped it on top of the original image using 3D Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the Heartfelt Creations Timeless Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles and inked through the die with Fired Brick.

I tied a bow using White Satin Edged Organza and added a Red Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    Very pretty card thank you
    It's Murphy's law to happen on live tv take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    Stunning card thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, A stunning card, loving the background stamp, it is gorgeous, very pretty colours too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

  4. Morning Julia,

    Very elegant, pretty card. Beautiful background. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julia, A stunning elegant card, love the background stamp, it's beautiful, watched you demo, this is the curse of live TV, it still looked beautiful a lighter shade.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx


    ReplyDelete
  6. love the flower ,can't beat a flower on a card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, a very pretty card I quite liked it when
    you demo'd it as it was lighter not so red.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card love the back ground stamp and colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. the background looks very busy but interesting xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, I think this is a really stunning card! Love the rich colours and the stamped flower is gorgeous! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,

    A lovely bright card and I love the background stamp on this one just beautiful.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    A delightful card, love the colours and the background, the flower is pretty too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card Julia - the background is so pretty and the lily is gorgeous. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really stunning card Julia. Love the background and the stamp is lovely.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, another amazing card with beautiful stamping and background, love it. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    Such a very beautiful card this morning, love the Lily stamp and the sentiment. Great background too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card, Julia, watched your demo, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Julia and everyone.
    Lovely card and stunning background. Hope C & C sort out this Freeview business before your next shows. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, love the card and colours also the background is gorgeous love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, lovely card. Really like the flower and drawing inks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, love the background you have made
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card Julia, especially like the lily - one for my wish list I think

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a super lily stamp for the topper, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia this is a lovely card and the lily is beautifully coloured in,I quite liked the one you demoed too as it was more subtle!! Looking forward to your shows next week love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Of all the great backgrounds you've done Julia, I think this is one of my favourites (so far)

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good afternoon Julia,
    a lovely card today with the background and the lily stamp. i have purchased some of the drawing inks as you seem to be very keen on them and produce some beautiful cards.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Norah

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia fantastic card love the colours.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia

    Love today's card. The lily is stunning as is the background.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OOh Julia, this is gorgeous, I do love lillies. Hope you have a great weekend,
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  31. Evening Julia
    WOW I love it - its fantastic very striking background.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Evening Julia, gorgeous card. Lillies are my favourite flower and I have this stamp. It's great to work with. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!