Monday 12 August 2013

Thinking of You Always

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I simply ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Chiaro Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design (it is a repeating pattern). I then rubbed Pearl Moon Gilding Wax all over. Once dry, I inked around the edges of the background with Faded Jeans Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I placed the Justrite Autumn Damask Background onto my craft mat, swiped the Faded Jeans Ink Pad over the stamp and placed a piece of Coconut White Card on top. Holding it in place with one hand, I rubbed over the surface with the other hand. I carefully removed the card from the stamp and repeated the process with another piece of card. I trimmed the pieces so I had 3 panels each 2" wide. I matted them onto some Cobalt Card.

I stamped the blossom image from the Justrite Circle Of Love Vintage Labels Three Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Blue Lace and Blue Cotton from the Soft Velvet Set and Soft Moss from the Garden Twist Set. I cut it out with scissors and went around the edges with a Black Promarker to hide any white bits. I stamped the frame from the same stamp set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Arctic Lake Lustre Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels Three Dies and inked through the die with Faded Jeans. I cut a Spellbinders Stately Circle out of Coconut White Card and inked through the die with Faded Jeans.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Warmest Wishes Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels Four Dies and inked through the die with Faded Jeans.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm White Pearls in the corners, a Pearl Swirl and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

33 comments:

  1. hi julia
    what a beautiful card love the colours you used thank you tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia,

    Love this card and the paneling effect makes it look so elegant. Love these new backgrounds along with the garden gate, they are definitely on my wish list.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    I liked this card when you demoed it thank you take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    I saw this on C&C. Looks really lovely - and it has my new favourite, stately circles.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, beautiful card, love the panelled background. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia
    Love it - that background stamp is a must have item. Liking the panels really pop.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your backgrounds as always, and this panel cad makes a great feature of the background element. Love the overall look of the card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely feminine card, enjoyed watching you demo this one, the three panels look very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, Love it !! brilliant compilation and I especially love the Autumn Damask background stamp, I love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia I watched you demo this card it is gorgeous. I love the idea of the panels I must give it a go . I am actually going to make some cards today - it has been such a long time since I have. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card love the three panels ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. This is a really pretty ladies card. I love the background stamp too...it's on my wish list! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, a really fantastic card love the Blue and the
    background stamp is one I must get when I saw you demo it that
    was it its on my to get list and the panels set if off, I think
    I have only done this once before when Sue showed us one so really
    must do more as I like the look of the them.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    Loved this one when you demoed it. I like the panel effect and have used it myself always make a card pop.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia, Beautiful card, love the colours and the panels are sooo effective. Thank you for your inspiration.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! I saw this demo-ed, love the panels too. I stick the first and third on, then the middle one. It makes spacing easier.

    ReplyDelete

  17. Morning Julia,

    Lovely card. Enjoyed watching it being demoed. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia. I saw this being demoed and it's a lovely card. Really like the panelling effect.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was one of my favs from your show, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Julia, Love this feminine card, it can be adapted to any of the circular dies, don't you think ?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning Julia. Like others I saw this demo-ed and thought how lovely it was, particularly the stamp for the panels which really set the card off. Best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    Yes I saw you demo this card too and thought it was beautiful and it's just as beautiful close up. Love the panel idea too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, a beautiful card. Love the panels and flowers. I missed the shows unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, a beautiful card. Love the panels and flowers. I missed the shows unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia
    beautiful card and love the tryptich design. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    another stunning card, love the way you have put it together and the centre piece is really beautiful, greay colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia this is a great card and the panelling looks very effective,I have done this on cards quite a few times and enjoy doing it. I love the justrite background stamps and am building up my collection. Looking forward to Sunday. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this card Julia one of my favorite's Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia love this card the colours are so gentle.Watched your shows last night they were fantastic,you are so organised,your demos are fantastic,you explain everything so well,and I love watching you work , and you have lots of banter with the presenters.Julia you are a great Ambassador for Creative Expressions.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  30. A lovely card Julia

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card Julia, saw you demo this and loved it then. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I saw you demo this on the show Julia and thought then how beautiful the design is. Now that I can see all the detail really close up I can see that it's truly stunning. Pat x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!