Sunday 4 August 2013

So Glad You're my Friend

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I simply ran some Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Wild Poinsettia Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design - this is a repeating pattern so very easy to line up. I edged with Forest Moss Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the Antique Dressform using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Lapis Pink Aurora Embossing Powder. Yes, you read it right - Lapis Pink Aurora is green when used on black card or when used with black ink - cool, eh? I cut it out using Spellbinders Floral Ovals and inked through the die with Forest Moss.

I stamped the sentiment from the Heartfelt Creations Classic Message Precut Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Lapis Pink Aurora. I cut it out using Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and inked through the die with Forest Moss.

I made a flower following Sue's Tutorial - I stamped the flowers with the Beaded Flourish stamp with Forest Moss Distress Ink prior to cutting. The leaves are cut using Hearfelt Creations Ornamental Add On dies.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls to 3 of the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

27 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    Love this card the antique dress form stamp looks good much get this one thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    A really lovely card - I like the use of the forest moss distress ink. Loving your choice of Spellbinders.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    thank you a lovely card, I cannot wait to get the new holly die take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, a very pretty card i love everything
    about it even the green.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love the floral oval dies, and the embossing powder is so clever, love your design xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, I really love this card and love the flower too. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    Another pretty girly card. Great flower.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, love the stamp and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A card that any friend would be pleased to receive Julia, it's so pretty

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a classy card Julia. A beautiful design and such subtle colours. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia
    A super card today, love the colour and the mannequin goes so well with the floral oval die.
    Love it
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia, love the colour of this card and the die and flowers all work so well together, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, really like this card and the colours you have used, especially the flower. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,Great card,lovely colour and your flower is beautiful. Jackie. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia this is a lovely card. Can I ask what card you are using when you say coconut card? Love watching you on C&C you are so funny. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia, Stunning card, the embossing powder is amazing, love the colour, funny I bought some Forest Moss ink and it arrived yesterday, yippee. The flower is gorgeous, love everything about this card.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely card Julia,

    Looks great in this shade of Green, and I love the flower too.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Oh a wonderful card this morning and I love the colours too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, Love the design, you make it sound so simple but it's
    so effective. Clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, like the dies and flower you have used very nice card love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia. Still have a thing about dress forms. I think I was frightened by one as a child. Apart my that - lovely card.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  22. fab card Julia,love the rose.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, I love it !! this card compilation and colour is beautiful, love all the elements.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, another wonderful card and something else to add to my wish list, roll on Ally Pally, hopefully get some bits there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia. Pretty card with a gorgeous flower. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card Julia.
    I love that the lapis pink aurora embossing powder is green using black ink it's really cool! The self inked and handmade flower is so pretty, the leaves flourishes die cut look good too. I've not seen the Spellbinders romantic rectangles I do like this little one you have used for the sentiment. I've not seen the floral ovals spellbinder dies either so thank you! Two more to add to my long wish list! I'm not sure about manniquins I'm sure my mum would like a card with this stamped manniquin on but I find it a hit creepy it's like a skeleton to me!
    The card is great though and I love that the wild poinsettia folder has been used in a non Christmas way. I look forward to your next inspirational card.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!