Sunday 21 September 2014

With Love Always

Hi Bloggers.

Day 2 of Ally Pally.

Here's today's card (the red card is showing up much brighter than it is in real life) -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Velvet Tea Lights Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design (it's a repeating pattern). I popped a little Pearl Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint onto my Craft Sheet. I picked some up onto my Craft Sheet and rubbed it over the embossed surface. I inked around the very edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

I stamped the Rose Entwined Stamp using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Paints. I used Summer Grass and Scarlet Sunset from the Brights Set and Pastel Aqua from the Pastels Set. I coloured the frame using Chestnut Cosmic Shimmer Ink Spray Mist.

I stamped the sentiment that comes with the rose stamp, again using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Classic Squares and cut a mat out of Chestnut Card.

I cut the largest 2 dies from Sue's Granada Die Set out of Rich Red Card. I cut just the largest die out of Chestnut Card and glued the 2 die cuts together.

I tied a bow using Brown Silky Crush Ribbon and added a Vintage Bronze Button.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cosmic Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

17 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julia.
    Wow another little beauty, thank you. Have another great day. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a beautiful card today, love the colours.

    Off to Ally Pally this morning so hope to catch a glimpse of you

    To everyone have a great day, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia,
    Love y card. Hope you are having a good time.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Julia, gorgeous colours! I'm not getting to Ally Pally this time - first time I've missed in a few years, but we're work done in the house so can't get away :(..will have to wait for April! Hope you are having a great show! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia the card is just lovely love the dies and the stamp have a good day love June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I just love red and the rose is beautiful. I enjoyed Ally Pally yesterday I really liked your demo my husband stayed awake not like the man at the back. I hope you have a great time today and a safe journey home. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia
    Love this card it is gorgeous. Love the red and white and your bow is great.
    hope you are having a great time at AP
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia
    Love the red - gorgeous card today.
    Hope you had a good time yesterday and another busy one today at AP.
    Take care.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Julia, lovely card, the rose stamp is really beautiful, and love the die cut in red. Hope you have a good day at Ally Pally, everyone is saying it was very hot there yesterday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia. Love the card, the rose is pretty. I didn't manage to say hi to you yesterday but hope it went well and today is just as good. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, a beautiful card the rose stamp is gorgeous
    enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Julia, love that Brown silky crushed ribbon, lush!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. Lovely Valentines day card. Have a good second day at Ally Pally. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Julia, lovely stamp set you have used. Was nice to meet you yesterday at AP, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colour comboas you've mentioned it's not as bright as photo suggest

    ReplyDelete
  16. Afternoon Julia, A lovely card, gorgeous colourway.
    I hope your second day at Ally Pally is going well, you will all be ready for a rest haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia, Love this gorgeous card, very dramatic. The background and your colouring are amazing and need to get that stamp. Enjoy Ally Pally and safe journey home.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!