Thursday 4 September 2014

Special Friend

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Flourish Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.

I masked the frame off on the Rose Entwined Stamp, inked up using Coffee Archival, removed the mask and stamped. I embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Purple Violet from the Cosmic Shimmer Brights Watercolour Paint Set and Soft Moss Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Ink Spray Mist.

I cut it out using Couture Creations Ornate Rectangle and inked through the die with Dusty Concord. I put the outer frame from the die cut aside for another project and cut out again using Mauve Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the All Occasions Sentiments Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using the smallest die in Sue's Cordoba Die Set and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I made a flower out of White Crochet Ribbon.

I cut Sue's Peitie Vinery Dies out of Mauve Card and inked through the dies with Dusty Concord.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cosmic Pearl around the edges.

I have uploaded photos of the samples from Tuesday's shows to Facebook. You can see them here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

31 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    Love this card, the colours are lovely and I love the Rose stamp
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, another stunningly beautiful card, one of my all time favourite colour combos, and the Rose is almost the same colour as one in our garden. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Julia. What a beautiful background that embossing folder makes. Happy day!
    Marion B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    Thank you such a beautful delicate card. Take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    Beautiful - my favourite colour!!
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the colours and roses are my favourite flowers. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Julia, shame I do not use Facebook so cannot view the other cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a beautiful card for us today, I love it and the colours are very apt. Have a great day everyone stay safe, healthy and happy. June Smith xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia,
    What a very beautiful card I really love the soft tones of the colours you've chosen, I'm loving the stamps, I will have to check out Facebook as I loved the cards that were on your shows.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, I like the addition of the tiny leaves on it.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Love the card. The Rose stamp, the Ornate Rectangle and Sue's Peitie Vinery Die are beautiful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. morning Julia, a stunning card and gorgeous colours the rose stamp is
    beautiful.
    Nancyd xxl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card and lovely colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, lovely card, love the stamp and embossing folder. Love the colour too. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely Julia, the stamp is so pretty,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Julia this colour is my favourite at the moment. Really enjoyed your C&C shows on you always cheer me up with that lovely laugh of yours. Crafty Regards Julie Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, so pretty and beautiful colours . love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI Julia. Very pretty card, lovely colours and those vinery dies of Sue's look like one for my wish list x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love everything about this card Julia, especially the gorgeous blue. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card Julia so pretty the colours are perfect thank you xxx. June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Julia! Lovely card today, very pretty, all of it!
    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia, This card is gorgeous, love the colours and the stamping, very pretty.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, a beautiful card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning Julia, lovely card today in one of my favourite colours. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely Card Julia. I ordered yesterday the lacy 8 die and the white embellishment pack from your show - I put them in my flexi-basket of Heartfelt Creations Sunflower collection. So looking forward to playing with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    What a lovely card. I admired this when I saw it on your show the other day. I love your background , colouring and how you you've incorporated Sue's dies too.
    I love the finery ones they are so useful and make lovely shapes.
    It's a lovely day here - hope its nice where you are too.
    Thanks, Julia,
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful Julia, love the rose stamp. Love the design and colours you have chosen

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, Gorgeous colours and a gorgeous card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card love the colours x xhazel

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!