Monday 29 September 2014

Thanks Mom

Hi Bloggers.

Today I have a card from the Toolshed I did way back in August. Please don't comment on the fact that it says 'Mom'. Where I come from that's what we use and it is in the Cambridge Dictionary Online (I just cheked). Justrite are actually putting both 'Mom' and 'Mum' on alot of their stamp sets so hopefully everyone will be happy.

Anyway, here's the card -

For the background, I popped a piece of Milk Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Floral Brocade Embossing Folder. I rubbed Enchanted Gold Gilding Wax all over. Once dry, I buffed it up using a dry wet wipe.

I stamped the fan design from the Justrite Elegant Fan Elements Clear Stamp Set onto a patterned paper from the Creative Expressions Teresa Collins 8 x 8 Paper Pad using Perfect Medium. I added Cosmic Shimmer Gold Detail Embossing Folder (I did not heat set just yet). I stamped the little design in the centre from the same stamp set, added powder and heat set the lot. I repeated this another 4 times so I had 5 in all. I cut them out using Justrite Vintage Fan Die. I stacked them up in top of each other and added a brad. I fanned them out and secured with CS Dries Clear Glue.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Champagne Silky Crush Ribbon. I stamped the circular frame and the sentiment from the Justrite Floral Fan Elements using Perfect Medium and embossed with Gold Detail Powder. I cut it out using scissors (hadn't access to SVG file at the time!) and added it to the bow.

I pressed 4 Art Deco Metal Corners into Perfect Medium, added Gold Detail Powder, tapped off the excess and heat set. Once cool, I added some CS Dries Clear Glue to the backs and left for a couple of minutes to go tacky before adding to the background.

I assembled the card as shown adding dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

22 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A pretty card, it is Mam where I come from, different areas have their own ways. Thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a beautiful card today, love it.

    Keep safe, healthy and happy everyone, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    What a beautiful card Thankyou tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, lovely card, love that embossing folder. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia
    Loving this card today and love the Floral Brocade EF. So pretty.
    Hope you had a good weekend.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, a beautiful card as they have all been but my comments won't seem
    to go they say it is the firewall Sues goes alright so I don't know if it yours or mine
    but I will keep trying, I really loved Saturdays card just my style and colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Julia, i spell Mom as mom as I'm from up North but my hubby, from down South always tells me off as to him its Mum! What does it matter I tell him? lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. Have a great day today. I do hope you get some time to relax. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia and every one who pops by. Beautiful card, I just have to treat myself to the background embossing folder, it really is nice. Hope you had a good weekend. Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. No worries, my own mum (my version) would only respond to mam, no idea why. Anyway, lovely card regardless xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card-the fan looks great as a centre piece.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely idea to do the fan in gold Makes it really stand out

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia, very pretty card and the sentiment is yours I am sad to think you need to apologise for it, worst still looking it up in a dictionary.
    When I first saw this die it looked a strange shape to me but like this card it makes a really nice fan. Have a great day.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, hope you and Sue had a good weekend. Lovely card today. Gorgeous fan. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was a mum girl mummy if I wanted anything. I remember this card Julia love it thank you love June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. I am Mum until I do something wrong and then I'm Mother but it's like Grannie, Granny, Nanna, Nana, Mama, etc. so many different names and spellings these days. Lovely card by the way. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, Love the card today and think the sentiment is just fine. I am a southerner but I respect the fact that different regions use different spelling. After all a Mum is a Mom no matter what. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia, A really beautiful card, gorgeous die-cuts, gorgeous colours, and a beautiful sentiment, the fan is so beautiful.
    Whatever you are brought up calling your Mum is OK in my book, in the North West I was brought up calling mine 'Mam' but when I was older I started calling her 'Mum', but whatever you call your Mother is a 'term of endearment' and I miss mine every day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. Love the colours used. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia

    Lovely card, I love how you've stamped on patterned paper. It's one of those thingz I know abouy but forget! I really must try it out again.

    Crafty hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, love this card, the colours are beautiful, and where I come from, it is Mom and not Mum, so it has taken me 14 years to adjust. Take care.Bx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!