Friday 5 September 2014

Birthday Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Great Fubu Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design.

I made the three panels using Sue's Scribble PVA Technique with Cosmic Shimmer PVA in Silver Sparkle, Pastel Blue and Cosmic Pearl. Once dry, I matted them onto Vintage Silver Card.

I stamped the Sunflower Delight Stamp using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Silver Shine Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Classic Squares. I cut a Spellbinders Ornate Squares Die out of Vintage Silver Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the All Occasions Sentiments Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Silver Shine Detail Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Classic Squares and cut another Spellbinders Ornate Squares Die out of Vintage Silver Card.

I added a dragonfly using the Couture Creations Dragonfly Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cosmic Pearl around the edges.

Just a reminder that my Amazon Store is still open - it won't close till 26th September. Lots of lovely stamps, etc still for sale. Click on the link in the top menu to go there or whenever you see highlighted text within a post to go straight to that particular item.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

28 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, such a beautiful card today, I have not tried that technique yet, it is on my list though. Your cards are an inspiration to us all, thank you. Have a safe, healthy and happy day everyone. hugs June Smith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, lovely card, love the panels. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Thank you lovely card I shall have a go at this one at some time over this weekend. Take care and have a good weekend Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    Lovely silver card today. I bet you have fun doing Sue's scribble technique!!
    Enjoy your day - hooray it's Friday!!
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card love the colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, gorgeous card, love the scribble panels, and white and silver is always so classy. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card-could be used for a number of occasions.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    What a Beautiful Card, I Love The Embossing Folder you've used The Fubu from Couture Creations, I Love the Fabulous Panels you've created with Sue's scribbled effect, and then adding The Sunflower and the cute Dragonfly it's a really Beautiful Card, Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous the colours are beautiful and I love the scribble technique. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must have another go at this technique Tried it once and it was great fun and brilliant result I need to invest in some of these paler colours though

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia.Great card. Love the scribble pva panels and the dragon fly. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, absolutely gorgeous I just love these subtle colours
    must check to see if I have them as this card is a must try.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, I really like this card and I love the colours. love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card Julia. Love the colours and the dragonfly is very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Julia, I must try Sue's scribble! I've been catching up on the last few days too, gorgeous! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia,
    Lovely colours on this card very pretty. Love the scribble effect.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Julia, what a gorgeous card you have posted today. I love the backgrounds you have used. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card today, Julia - love it all!
    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia, Gorgeous card, love soft colours and the scribble technique. My sunflower stamp arrived this week so will try something similar.
    Take care
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Julia, Love it !!, love it !! love it !! the colours are gorgeous and I especially love the triptych with the scribble glue, I love that technique and use it regularly.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Julia

    Love this technique the colours are stunning.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia. Very nice card, I love the scribbling technique, so easy but effective. Isn't the dragonfly cute too? SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the card Julia thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, a beautiful card. Will have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,

    Beautiful card. I must give this background PVA glue technique a go as it always looks interesting.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have only ever done random patterns with the PVA glue but the lattice design works well over a couple of random squiggles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card! Love that technique and use it quite a bit. Haven't tried it with the sparkle glue though. Lovely soft tones. Very elegant.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia,Love,love this lovely card. Have not done this technique but it's look so nice
    Have a nice evening,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!