Monday 15 September 2014

Hug so Tight

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I started by dusting a piece of Milk Card with my Anti-Static Bag and popped it on top of my tan mat which was on top of my Grand Calibur pink plate. I inked the Ivy border mask with Clear Perfect Medium and placed it ink side down on top of my background card. I ran it through the Grand Calibur. The ink transferred to the debossed pattern. I added Cosmic Shimmer Gold Detail Powder and heat set. I ran it through the Grand Calibur again with the Creative Expressions Heart Lattice Embossing Folder. I inked around the edges with Barn Door Distress Ink and then rubbed Enchanted Gold Gilding Wax over the embossed surface. I left it for a few minutes to dry and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Uplifting Thoughts Stamp Set onto Rich Red Card using Perfect Medium and embossed with Gold Detail Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B.

I stamped the Curled Frame, again using Perfect Medium and embossed with Gold Detail Powder. I cut it out using the largest die in the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B die set.

I cut a Couture Creations Lotus Filet out of Vintage Gold Card.

I cut a piece of Cream Crochet Ribbon in half lengthways and rubbed some Enchanted Gold Gilding Wax along the outside edge of one piece and made a flower out of it. I cut 2 leaves out of Vintage Gold Card using the Couture Creations Ivy Die. I added a Pearl Spray and some Gold Tulle.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Cream Pearls to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Ivory PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

28 comments:

  1. Hi Julia. Beautiful card today, I love it all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, a really lovely card and a beautiful sentiment. The frame stamp looks fab in gold on the red. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card with a beautiful sentiment. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a beautiful card today, so rich and warming - red and gold - reminds me of the lovely log fires and Christmas when I was a child, beautiful.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Julia, love the colours. I also love the sentiment.
    Hugs to all
    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card-love the stamped border. Red & gold= classic combo even on a non-christmas card.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia your card is gorgeous I love the colours and the sentiment. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, lovely card, so love that sentiment. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia
    Lovely bright opulent card.
    Enjoy your day.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, lovely card, lovely sentiment! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, Loving your card, gorgeous colours, they always give a warm feeling. I love, love, love the lacy Lotus Filet die-cut.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Julia , love it!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and love the colours I don't usually
    like so bold colours but I do like this one.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the card Julia the colours and the sentiments also thank you Love June xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card, great sentiment.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card great sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia, A dramatic card, love the warm colours and the sentiment.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,

    Love the card and hope the sentiment is true!!!! Thank you.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. elegant Card Julia. Very interesting techniques with the stencils and embossing folder. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Julia
    Such a beautiful card love the stencilling down the side. Gives me an idea
    for my husbands anniversary card.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Julia. Such a lovely sentiment. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card today in colours that don't always appeal to me but I do like this one.
    I really liked yesterday's card too.
    Thanks Julia,
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card today I especially like the sentiment Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia. Lovely card with lovely colours. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card Julia and what a beautiful sentiment. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning Julia.
    What a beautiful card and the sentiment is just lovely. We all need a few hugs at times and this card is just perfect.
    Have a great Friday. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another beautiful card Julia, stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia
    A gorgeous card and beautiful colours

    jeanie

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!