Saturday 27 September 2014

Flowers are like friends

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, with the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped Phill Martin's Leafy Background using Iced Spruce Distress Ink. I repeated the process with Phill Martin's Grungy HHoneycomb Background and Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry and ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Sea Garden Embossing Folder. I inked around the edges with Faded Jeans and then rubbed Pearl Moon Gilding Wax all over the embossed surface. I left it to dry for a few minutes and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe.

I masked off the frame on the Flower Twist Frame Stamp and inked up using Perfect Medium. I removed the mask, stamped and embossed with the powder that I made for yesterday's card. I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Faded Jeans.

I stamped the Curled Frame Stamp using Perfect Medium and embossed with my custom powder. I cut it out using the largest die in the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B die set and inked through the die with Faded Jeans.

I cut 2 of Sue's Peace dies out of Sky Blue Card and glued them to the back of the Curled Frame.

I mixed some Harebell Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Subtle Shades Mica Spray Set with some Cosmic Shimmer Warm White Matt Chalk Paint. I used it to colour a piece of White Crochet Ribbon using a piece of Cut n Dry Foam. Once dry, I cut the ribbon in half lengthways and made a flower (beats me why the flower looks so bright in the photo!). I cut some leaves using Sue's Petite Vinery Die Set and inked through the dies with Faded Jeans. I added a couple of Pearl Sprays.

I assembled the card as shown adding a Small Circle Dazzler to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pastel Blue PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

19 comments:

  1. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a beautiful card today, I will have to get some of that crochet ribbon, it looks stunning.

    Enjoy yourself with Sue at Taunton.

    Enjoy your Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you another pretty card, it shows how versatile the dies can be. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia. A lovely card, funny how the colours come out on the pics. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the way you have used the Peace die. I hope you have a great time in Taunton with Sue. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card love the sentiment and colour is gorgeous xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that background Julia !!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever! I love how the curled frame almost matches the Peace die

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, lovely card. Good luck with your demos today. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Julia,
    Lovely card love the use of the peace die. Have a great weekend in Taunton.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia, this is such a soft feminine card it's gorgeous. I really like the Peace die for all of its uses. Have a great time in Devon with Sue, hope the sun is shining as it is in the midlands.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Julia so pretty love the flower I love the photos sue put on the blog thank you for sharing love June xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia
    A LOVELY card - I was interested to know how the background dies had been made - that Peace die is extremely useful!!
    Love the inspiration. Enjoy your weekend at Taunton with Sue.

    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia, this card is extremely beautiful, love the ideas of using the Peace die like that, and a great background too. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, beautiful card, love the little pearly sprays. Have a good weekend in Taunton.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia
    Another stunner today. I wTched you demo this one at the Ally Pally. Hope you and Sue have a lovely weekend in Taunton.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Afternoon Julia, This is a really beautiful colourway, loving your stamping and embossing and the die-cuts are fabulous.
    Here's hoping your weekend is going well, you and Sue will be shattered !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia

    Oh wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!

    This is utterly stunning! I love the colours and you've used a lovely mix of dies and stamps. I love mixing custom paints and powders too. This is a real winner.

    Have fun with Sue in Taunton

    Crafty hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia, Absolutely stunning, love the background and the dies used. Enjoy your time in Taunton, safe travels.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!