Friday 12 September 2014

Heartfelt Thanks

Hi Bloggers.

Thanks for all the emails and comments here on the blog yesterday. Glad you like the new stamps.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Sea Garden Embossing Folder. I inked around the edges with Salmon Adirondack Dye Ink.

I made my own embossing powder (bit of a thing at the moment!) by mixing a little Frosted Scarlet Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Subtle Shades Mica Spray Set with some Cosmic Shimmer True White Detail Embossing Powder. I stamped one of the Mini Elegant Frames using Perfect Medium and added my custom made powder (I did not heat set yet). I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Celebrations Sentiments Clear Stamp Set into the centre of the frame using Perfect Medium and added my powder. I heat set the lot and removed the excess mica using a dry wet wipe. I cut out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Salmon Ink.

I stamped the Flower Twist Frame onto Blush Card using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer True White Detail Embossing Powder. I cut out using the largest die in the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B die set and inked through the die all over the stamped area with Salmon Ink.

I cut a couple of leaves from Blush Card using Sue's Faux Quilled Leaves Die Set. I popped some Cosmic Shimmer Warm White Matt Chalk Paint onto my Craft Sheet and added a little Frosted Scarlet Mica Powder. I mixed it well using a brush and then applied it to a length of White Crochet Ribbon using Cut n Dry Foam. Once dry, I used it to make 2 flowers.

I pressed 3 Metal Art Deco Corners into Perfect Medium, added my custom powder and heat set. I added some Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue to the back of them and left them a few minutes for the glue to become tacky. I added them to the corners.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cosmic Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

23 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Your card is very pretty I will try to catch up with the shows over the weekend Take care .Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    BRILLIANT shows - your samples are beautiful!! Stephanie quickly ran through some samples and I noticed a black and pink one - could you put it on your blog one day please?
    I was so inspired by your demos I found an ivy mask and mica powders and copied your technique - just waiting for the wet wipe to dry!!
    Would a piece of cloth and some talcum powder be a substitute for the anti static bag? Or where can you buy them please?
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People do use talc instead of an anti static bag, yes. I think I have some in stock. I'll pop them on ebay this evening if I find them. Julia

      Delete
    2. I think I've scheduled the black & pink card for Sunday. Julia

      Delete
  3. Hi Julia,

    What a gorgeous card, so love this Peach colour and those flowers are gorgeous.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia and all crafters, such fantastic shows yesterday, not matter how many times I see you on TV I always learn something new, you are an inspiration to us all. I love the new stamps, they will be on their way to me soon I hope.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I really enjoyed your shows yesterday the new stamps are beautiful. I think I am going to be very poor there is so much I want to buy. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, brilliant shows yesterday and so much inspiration. Love this card, such beautiful fresh colours. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Watched your shows last night-they were great.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. Lovely card today. Glad that the shows went well, I have yet to watch them, something to look forward : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunning Julia, these new frames are fab.
    Your shows were great yesterday and as usual super demos and samples.
    I want all the new stamps but it will have to be gradual!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, Loved your shows yesterday, the samples and demo's were fabulous, as is today's card, beautiful colours and gorgeous stamping.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty colours and card Now I need to buy chalk paint the new micas the new masks the new stamps matting basics - I have the 5x7 not the A2 Good job it's my birthday next month

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved yesterdays shows. You have so many different ideas to use each product, and the cards you produce are wonderful
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, and great shows yesterday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, lovely card especially the lace flowers they are gorgeous. Enjoyed your shows yesterday very helpful. love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julia - it was great to see on the telly and on your samples how well the paint coloured the crochet ribbon. Lovely card - waiting for my new stamps to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning Julia, Lovely card today so delicate in the stamping and the colours Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. Beautiful card love the stamps and the colour used. Managed to see the morning show will watch the other show later today. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card Julie, love the sentiments. Watched both shows yesterday you were fab as usual. Crafty Regards Julie Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, a gorgeous card just love these pastel colours and the lace roses with
    the paints and mica's are beautiful managed to watch your shows this morning
    better late than never but I can't seem to comment in the morning I can get your
    blog up but when I try to comment it can't show page but I will keep trying.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful this is Julia. I love the delicate colour and your embellishments are fabulous. Pat x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!