Tuesday 16 September 2014

Don't look back

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I started by inking around the Elegance Border Mask across the top, bottom and middle of a piece of Coconut White Card using Dusty Concord Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Art Deco Fanfare Embossing Folder. I rubbed Golden Lilac Gilding Wax all over the embossed surface. I left it to dry for a few minuted and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Uplifting Thoughts Stamp Set onto Mauve Card using Perfect Medium and embossed using Creative Expressions True White Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I popped a little Shy Violet Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk Paint onto my Craft Sheet. I picked some up onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam and 'inked' up the Filigree Frame Stamp. You need to be quick as the paint dries quickly. I stamped it onto Coconut White card. I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I cut a Couture Creations Lotus Filet out of Mauve Card.

I cut a couple of leaves out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Faux Quilled Leaves Die Set. I popped some more Shy Violet Matt Chalk Paint onto my Craft Sheet and rubbed it over a piece of White Crochet Ribbon using Cut n Dry Foam. Once dry, I cut it in half lenghways and made a flower.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

29 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, absolutely love this card, favourite colours for me, and another wonderful and uplifting sentiment, from a very aptly named set. Have a lovely day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a beautiful card today and I so love the sentiment, it is nice to see a card with the lace effect being off centre, it s=looks really effective.

    Keep safe, healthy and happy hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Well another brilliant card and sentiment, thank you. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card love the colour thank you tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Julia, love it all.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I do love the backgrounds you create. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. A beautiful card in lovely shades of purple, and I love the sentiment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the way you have layered all the elements.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Julia.
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, Love it !! Love it !! Love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Julia, just love it, the colours are gorgeous
    Hugs to all
    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, lovely card, just love all these sentiments, so different to anything else out there. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    Another stunning card, love the colours you have used and the sentiment says it all
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia
    Yes this is superb - lovely colours!!
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Lovely colours and I like the way you've off set the mat and topper/sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and fabulous colours the background as usual
    is great and still like these flowers.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia,
    Another lovely card using such pretty colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julia - I am loving the sentiments you have been using recently. This card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful background, beautiful colours and a fabulous card. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, love the colours, great sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning Julia, just catching up on all your offerings for the past week and I must say I rather like the frame stamps you have been using and the colours. today's is so pretty, best wishes, Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, lovely card today in one of my favourite colours. I have just found some Gilding Wax that I purchased ages ago and I'm now using it. I can't say I like the smell but the results are great Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia. Lovely. I particularly like the lilac wax over the art deco fanfare embossing, it looks really good. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia, Stunning card, love the background and the soft colour, the lilac wax over the embossing folder is so delicate.. Great sentiment, need to get that and the Art Deco embossing folder.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another lovely card Julia. Not had much time to watch C&C recently sadly but hope to catch up soon. not watched your last shows yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hiya Julia
    yes I"mbsvk. Fantastic holiday and settling down to my new job.
    Todays card is perfect, I love it.
    Off to see all tthat I have missed x
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card once again! Lovely colours and I do like the background you have created.
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful card great colours and sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  29. Evening Julia. Love,love this card.Love this colour and the off set make this card and the sentiment of course Wish I could make cards like this but it would never turn out the same.
    I watched your programmes again with Dave and Lee,such a lovely things for sale. Saving up for Nec hopefully some of the things will be left.......
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!