Thursday 11 September 2014

Shows on Create & Craft Today

Hi Bloggers.

I have shows on Create & Craft Today at 1pm with Steph and 6pm with Martyn. Hope you can join me. I know the 6pm one is after Freeview disappears but you can also watch on your pc on the Create & Craft website and also via the Create & Craft app on smart phones and tablets.

Glad you enjoyed the two fer yesterday - just one card today. Here it is -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Celtic Flower Embossing Folder and inked around the edges with Milled Lavender Distress Ink.

I made myself some Embossing Powder by mixing some Cosmic Shimmer True White Detail Embossing Powder with some Purple Orchid Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Subtle Shades Mica Spray Set.

I stamped the sentiment from the Uplifting Thoughts Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with my custom made embossing powder. I wiped away the excess mica with a dry wet wipe. I cut it out using Spellbinders Pearl Effects and inked through the die with Milled Lavender. I added a 5mm White Pearl to each corner.

I stamped the Curled Frame, using Perfect Medium and embossed with my custom made powder. Again, I wiped away the excess mica with a dry wet wipe. I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Milled Lavender.

I cut a Couture Creations Lotus Filet out of Coconut White Card and popped it at the back of the frame.

I cut a couple of leaf sprays out using Sue's Faux Quilled Leaves Die Set. I popped some Cosmic Shimmer Warm White Matt Chalk Paint onto my Craft Sheet and added some Purple Orchid Mica Powder. I mixed it well using a paint brush and then applied it to a length of White Crochet Ribbon using a piece of Cut n Dry Foam. I waited for the paint to dry, cut the ribbon down the centre and made 2 flowers following Sue's tutorial.

I pressed 3 Bronze Vintage Buttons into Perfect Medium, added some of my custom made embossing powder and heat set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pastel Lilac PVA around the edges.

Hope you will have a go at making your own embossing powder and chalk paint colours. It's great fun and gives you more possibilities with your products.

Hope to see you later.

Julia.

27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.vaery pretty card, thank you take care . Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia and all crafters, this is such a stunning card today, looks scrumptious. I will be watching C&C today and also recording it in case I miss anything.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone. hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card love the flowers x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia, a really pretty and feminine card, great colours, need to try mixing my own embossing powder colours. Have a great day, hope the shows go well. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    Stunning card today and I will try the custom made embossing powder.
    Hope to catch your later show live but 1pm I will still be at work :(
    Enjoy your day.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, really pretty. I'll be recording both shows to watch tonight.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card thank you tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I saw you making your own shade of embossing powder on C&C I really must give it a try. I hope the shows go well I will be watching. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card, sentiment fab, will tune in can't miss a julia show!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty card Julia, look forward to catching up on the shows,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, Lovely card today, will be watching the show today and all your crafting tips. Thank you Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Lovely card, I love the Celtic Flower Embossing Folder, it is beautiful. Looking forward to the shows. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, absolutely gorgeous the mica powders and embossing powders
    make a great combo. and my favourite colour just stunning must try with my lace.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, lovely card, lovely colours. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning julia,
    A very pretty card, such delicate colouring.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia. Lovely card and sky+ set to record your shows today Have fun. SueL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, I love it !! gorgeous, gorgeous ice cream colours, and I'm loving the lacy die-cut, and the fabulous vintage buttons, stunning !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia
    WOW love this card it is so beautiful, yes candy floss colour, love the die cuts, will be watching later
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia, A gorgeous card, love the soft colouring and the delicate vintage buttons. Have still not been brave enough to mix my own embossing powder but will definitely be giving it a try now. Will be watching later, have fun.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Julia - I see this is a multi-technique card - brilliant. I am off to do the Maths now about how many of the new stamps I can afford.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Well got my email read out today on 1 pm show - did not get pulled out of the sparkly top hat.

      Delete
  21. Hi Julia, lovely card love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, Lovely card today pretty in pink. I'm recording your show today so I can watch and rewind when I want. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Julia, love the colour. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning Julia. Lovely card. I agree about the mica and embossing powder. Just watched one of your shows from yesterday making the blue card. I like how everything matches perfectly. Thanks for this tip. SueL

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!