Wednesday 17 September 2014

Best Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Velvet Tea Lights Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I popped a little Pearl Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint onto my Craft Sheet, picked some up onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam and rubbed it over the embossed surface.

I stamped the Anenome Planter Stamp using Jet Black Archival and embossed using Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Paints. I used Purple Violet from the Brights Set, Pastel Lilac and Pastel Green from the Pastels Set. I cut out using Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles Two and inked through the die with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I stamped the image a second time. I coloured in just the flowers using the Pastel Lilac Watercolour and cut them out. I shaped them and added them on top of the main image using 3D Foam and added a White 3mm Pearl to the centres.

I cut just the outer die from Sue's Cordoba Die Set (Spanish Collection) out of Mauve Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the All Occasions Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed using Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Majestic Labels 8 and inked through the die with Dusty Concord. I cut a Spellbinders Labels 8 out of Mauve Card.

I popped some Purple Violet Watercolour Paint onto my Craft Sheet and mixed in some Pearl CS Shimmer Paint. I used this to change the colour of a length of White Crochet Ribbon using Cut & Dry Foam. Once dry, I tied a bow and added a White Crystal Sparkler.

I assembled the card as shown adding a White 8mm Pearl to each corner and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Plum Sparkle PVA around the edges.

I understand for Tracey that there is just 1 place left in the afternoon Christmas workshop at Creative Expressions HQ in Kettering on October 21st. She is now taking names on a waiting list - if we get enough names, I will repeat the workshops on another day.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

31 comments:

  1. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a beautiful card today, I so love the colours you have used, this is one I will certainly try.

    Do you ever hold workshops down south i.e. I live in Kent and am disabled so unfortunately cannot get to Kettering, shame really because I would love to attend one. Never mind I will just have to try and imagine what it is like.

    Have a safe, healthy and happy day everyone, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. This is such a pretty card. I love the Anenome Planter Stamp and your colouring and layering of it, it is lovely. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Beautiful card thank you, have a great weekend at Ally Pally. Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card love the colour have a great time at Ally Pally thank you tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, what a beautiful card, love the anemone stamp, and the colours are perfect. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Julia, love the stamp the colours and the way you coloured the bow.
    Hugs to all
    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card love the colour.
    I hope to see you at ally pally at the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the stamp and the colours you have used. I will be at Ally Pally on Saturday I hope you will be doing one of your demos. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeosu card Julia, loving the colour.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, the coloured flowers really stand out on this. They remind me of the coloured spanish tiles-lovely.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia
    I feel a lilac period is on the way, just love todays card. That flower stamp is lovely.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, My favourite colours, a fabulous card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, using one of my favourite colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, a gorgeous card you are using a lot of my favourite colours
    at the moment you seem to be in a lilac'y mood just now.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete

  15. Morning Julia,

    Lovely card. Especially like the stamped panel. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia
    Another stunning card, another in the lilac theme but just as beautiful.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cheerful card for this dull morning, very pretty, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia
    Once again a lovely card and I love the colours.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, well you certainly know how to please us ,another lovely card in lilac. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely, pretty card Julia.
    Still haven't managed to watch the shows :{

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Julia love the colours and the flowers thank you love June horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, my favourite colours again. Look forward to seeing them at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card in lovely colours - I am toying with adding this floral stamp to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card and colours Must check which Spanish die I hav wen I get home frm work and use it as a plain mat Something I forget to do

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia, Pretty card in those gorgeous colours, love the stamp, the flowers are scrummy.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this card, Julia - I have the stamp, I love it,
    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous stamp and background and I love the colour. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia,
    I do hope this post works today as yesterday's did not! I really like both cards but today's would be my favourite.
    I hope you have a safe journey to London and a really lovely time. Going on hols to morrow so will only comment as and when I am able.
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia,very sweet card and right colours too.Love the bow.
    Have a nice evening
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia. Lilac is my favoured choice at the moment. I also like the sparkle PVA a lot. Can't get to Ally Pally this time but hope you all have a good time. SueL x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!